Muse dilemma

I really want a Muse, but I am unsure which size and color to get. It is not possible for me to go somewhere with a YSL store to "try it on" in the foreseeable future (I'm ordering online).
Should I get black or chocolate?
Large or oversized? (I'm 5'5", which equals about 165 cm I think)

Please help me out here! And I'd love to hear WHY i should get one over the other!

Thanks a lot, Cosmopolitan. It's always so nice when you're new to a forum and you sort of get the role of the annoying newbie asking the obvious questions (unintentionally of course...) and instead of yelling at you people actually help you out.
I guess my main question is really what color Muse to get, cause I pretty much decided that if I'm gonna get a Muse, it will be oversized.
My thoughts:
Black:
I use a lot of black, and since this is a lot of money for me to spend on a bag (I am a student) I want to be sure I get something I will be able to use for a lot of things, and I guess a black Muse will go with more of my clothes. However, I already have a very nice medium sized black leather bag from Furla (inexpensive but good quality and every now and then their designs are great too, mostly for basics though), so maybe that would cause one of them to get used less? On the other hand, they would be very different sizes, so I'd probably use them for different things anyways, right? Also, in general black in a way seems more sophisticated to me (I'm not sure I feel that way about the Muse though), and it would go great with my new winter coat.

Chocolate:
I really really really want a dark brown bag! And the Muse looks sooo "expensive" and "sophisticated" in chocolate when I see it on celebs like Jessica Alba. However, I don't use much color in my clothing and I'm afraid it would be hard to combine. I'm afraid I won't use it that much cause of that, and like I already said this is a lot of money for me... *sigh* I also heard the chocolate is an extremely dark brown almost black, which worries me, cause what I'm really looking for in a brown bag is a sort of warm chocolate color.

In addition, I'm really unsure what color would look best with my complexion, hair and eye color. I will post a picture of me tomorrow (tinypic and photobucket are not cooperative atm), I guess that might help... Anyways, feel free to tell me what you think about the color situation.

Thanks a lot, Cosmopolitan. It's always so nice when you're new to a forum and you sort of get the role of the annoying newbie asking the obvious questions (unintentionally of course...) and instead of yelling at you people actually help you out.

No problem. As I said, many of us PFers--myself included--spent a lot of time agonizing over which Muse to get. So you're not alone.

Black vs. Chocolate is a tough choice. You give good pros/cons for both, and I really think that you couldn't go wrong either way. In my personal opinion, the Chocolate Oversize is the "quintessential" Muse; one of the first ones out that was widely seen on celebs and led to the bag's huge popularity. The Muse looks beautiful in that color. And yes, the Chocolate is a very dark brown, almost black. In my opinion, as you begin to collect more bags in coming months/years, it will be easier to find a fabulous black bag than it is to find a brown one, and this one looks great in brown, so why not go for it?

p.s.--I just saw the pics you posted of yourself. (Too pretty!) It looks like you have light brown hair/brown eyes (like me). I think the Chocolate bag would really compliment your coloring. But again, if you feel that Black matches your wardrobe better, that would be a fine choice too...

It's funny--this season there seem to be IMO a lot of luscious brown bags in great leather. I keep thinking--hmm--wonder if that comes in black. Although I am a black dresser primarily, I do think brown often shows off leather to a better advantage. When I was buying luggage, I opted for brown for that reason--and because I didn't have to worry about coordination with my overwhelmingly black wardrobe.

this season there seem to be IMO a lot of luscious brown bags in great leather

Yes, I would definitely agree with that! There is a bumper crop of brown bags right now--the color is very hot this fall. But, being a longtime lover of brown bags, I can tell you that is usually not the case. Many fall seasons I'm hopeful about finding a great brown bag, but I strike out...

Hi everyone! This is my VERY FIRST post! :yahoo:
I am a student too.. university student exactly and my chocolate oversized muse is the most *perfect* bag for school IMO. It doesn't scream out a label, and it's big enough to carry around a vinyl binder (lighter weight binder), course notes for the whole year, and a skinny textbook. I could probably fit more but I don't want to strain the handles.
When I first decided that I would have to eventually buy a muse, I thought I was gonig to get the ivory. But after religiously reading this forum I've been convinced to get the chocolate and I receive compliments from women with classy taste in how it is gorgeous. :love:
You mentioned that you're a medium/milk chocolate kinda girl or you're leaning to black. But this chocolate is very rare to find in any purse line. It is a statement in this fact but it's not a loud statement - doens't scream out "hey i'm trendy!"
does anyone know what i'm trying to get at? :shrugs:
thank you all to the ysl posters! i love the vibe on this purseblog!

I think the visual difference maybe in height only ? As in Medium is shorter, Large is taller.

On its own, Medium is a good size, I ended up with my Medium after trying all 3 sizes.