multi color LV color coming off

Yes its pretty disappointing. If I had known this about MC I would never have purchased my wallet. I am thinking of just consigning my wallet as I have fallen out of love with the line. I mean I love the line in the sense that it looks beautiful but paying the amount of money I have for a piece I expect it to last much longer. I also buy things to use them not to store them away for fear of damage. I might buy a damier or chanel wallet instead in the future.

I think there are problems with almost all the lines of bags/wallets but canvas is definitely more durable. However, some of the canvas wallets may need to be reglazed eventually. Recently I've been switching over to black mc slg's over the white since white may tend to yellow and discolor over time. I still have my white mc alma and white mc speedy though but I usually switch out my bags.

Canvas SHOULD last the longest but honestly with the quality of the thin canvas and thin leather I don't know if the newer LV bags and wallets can expect to last ten, fifteen, twenty years!!

With vernis, you can have color transfer, fading and yellowing. And certain things stick to it like plastic so you have to be careful what's pressing up against it. Vernis is also not supposed to be exposed to heat and light for long periods of time--it's varnished leather so it will "melt" more than coated canvas will.

Also some pfers have had wallets that have had the vernis chip and crack or peel, especially around the edges--like on a flap of the Sarah wallet or anywhere there is stress on the wallet.
That's why I prefer the Zippy for vernis--there's no flap being pulled up/pulled on.

There is no guarantee with vernis zippy's either though. They can peel as well.

I have several multicolor items and some of them started chipping very quickly and some not at all .I was very disappointed with my black multicolor Sarah wallet(old shape ) which was chipping very badly ,and I am very careful with my items.But I have pocket agenda in white multicolor about than 10 years old and still looks perfect,

I have an Noir MC Sarah wallet that I use 6 months out of the year for the past 2 years. It has lots of chipping. :sad: I also have a White MC Pochette that I use daily in my bags with lots of chipping. I bought it preloved for a steal so I don't care but my wallet is upsetting. It was an anniversary gift from DH. I wouldn't buy MC again.

I think anything with color is prone to fading..even my tory burch wallet which has some outrageous colors have a card that says that fading could happen. I have a graffitti too and I take care of it but if one day i will lose the print then what else can i do? Its a common wear and tear occurence. As long as the canvas has no rip or no holes in my bag then im good. If anything, this fading will just add history for my bag.

But why some of them start to cheap just after couple of use and some after a month or years?
I use all my items carefully and my 1st sarah wallet was chipping very bad I was so disappointed.