Mulberry suede leather

Hi, does anyone have any experience with suede leather? Do you own a suede bag or know anyone with a suede bag, what has been your experience with it? Opinions please......:smile:

I don’t have a Mulberry in suede but do own a PS1 satchel in Dusky Pink. I don’t find it such a practical finish but its very plush, sumptuous and eye catching.

I think suede does require more care but is worth it for an occasion piece. I have always babied her and do take extra special care. A good spray with Collonil makes loads of difference & she still looks as good as when I first bought her.

I don't think all our bags need to be "work horses" and lots of ladies carry a carrier bag in their liners for emergencies:rain:

I have a suede bayswater (purple croc - my first mulberry :love: ) I have to say I used her at the weekend and have been thinking she looks a bit dull these days...I would be interested to hear other suede owners thoughts on keeping this finish nice/brightening it up xx

I don’t have a Mulberry in suede but do own a PS1 satchel in Dusky Pink. I don’t find it such a practical finish but its very plush, sumptuous and eye catching.

I think suede does require more care but is worth it for an occasion piece. I have always babied her and do take extra special care. A good spray with Collonil makes loads of difference & she still looks as good as when I first bought her.

I don't think all our bags need to be "work horses" and lots of ladies carry a carrier bag in their liners for emergencies:rain:

Hmmmmm thanks for that advice...food for thought! Suede is sumptious. It's strange because I've always had leather bags but never been so aware of the care that is supposed to go with it!! In fact I bough my first Mulberry about three years ago and it has never been sprayed until recently and it's even been on the beach with me and is the most delicious leather ever! :biggrin:

I have a suede bayswater (purple croc - my first mulberry :love: ) I have to say I used her at the weekend and have been thinking she looks a bit dull these days...I would be interested to hear other suede owners thoughts on keeping this finish nice/brightening it up xx
Your purple suede bays sounds lovely. Before I had any idea of the care attached to Mulberry bags I was always told the best way to freshen up suede is to boil a kettle and let the steam steam over the item??

Your purple suede bays sounds lovely. Before I had any idea of the care attached to Mulberry bags I was always told the best way to freshen up suede is to boil a kettle and let the steam steam over the item??

A gentle brush with a proper suede brush and/or suede pumice can also gently lift any superficial marks! (did this to interior of one of my pre-owned Roxys, and it really does improve the look of any markings. I love suede - and yes, def treat with the appropriate spray - if well cared for it should last really well - but of course, over time, edges and seams will shine up - but it doesn't necessarily detract from the look!::smile:

Hmmmmm thanks for that advice...food for thought! Suede is sumptious. It's strange because I've always had leather bags but never been so aware of the care that is supposed to go with it!! In fact I bough my first Mulberry about three years ago and it has never been sprayed until recently and it's even been on the beach with me and is the most delicious leather ever! :biggrin:

I think leather varies enormously and sometimes you can get a really good one other times not.

I can remember always saying no when you bought shoes, bags etc and they tried to sell you care products. I think when you pay out on a Mulberry bag it makes you think a little more about looking after it.

I’ve learnt the hard way that paying a little extra for Collonil is definitely worth it. Even more so with suede as a soaking makes it go very hard when it dries

A gentle brush with a proper suede brush and/or suede pumice can also gently lift any superficial marks! (did this to interior of one of my pre-owned Roxys, and it really does improve the look of any markings. I love suede - and yes, def treat with the appropriate spray - if well cared for it should last really well - but of course, over time, edges and seams will shine up - but it doesn't necessarily detract from the look!::smile:

Good to hear about your Roxanne, always such a gratifying feeling making something look better!! Thanks for the tips and advice :biggrin:

I think leather varies enormously and sometimes you can get a really good one other times not.

I can remember always saying no when you bought shoes, bags etc and they tried to sell you care products. I think when you pay out on a Mulberry bag it makes you think a little more about looking after it.

I’ve learnt the hard way that paying a little extra for Collonil is definitely worth it. Even more so with suede as a soaking makes it go very hard when it dries
Would definately not use a Mulberry bag now without the faithful Collonil I'd feel like I was sentencing the bag to death!! :lol:

Has anyone used the suede collonil products on the suede interior of a bag? I know you can get bag liners to protect the inside, but wondered whether I should use the suede products too?

Has anyone used the suede collonil products on the suede interior of a bag? I know you can get bag liners to protect the inside, but wondered whether I should use the suede products too?

Yes, I always treat the inside of my bags even though I have a liner.

I don't ever use the zipped pocket and find the liner not only keeps the bag clean & organised it makes changing bags a breeze and you never forget anything
:smile: