Mulberry Roxette problem (pics)

1. I bought my Mulberry Roxette in October from Nordstroms. I am so bummed the hardware on my bag is chipping or peeling off. Notice the pictures below.

Is this typical? :confused1: Has this happened to any of your Mulberry bags? I wrote them an email expressing the problem, so I hope they respond soon. I'm tempted to just return it and put the money towards a handbag with hardware that will not peel off. :shame: Thanks for your input!!!
    MulRox1.jpg MulRox3.jpg MulRox4.jpg MulRox5.jpg MulRox6.jpg
  2. I'm sorry this is happening to you. I bought a Mulberry Roxanne about two years ago, and there are some scrapes on the hardware such as what you show above. It doesn't bother me much, but if it bothers you, perhaps you should try to return or exchange it. Good luck!
  3. Oh, Thank you for your comment, Cosmo! So this is typical! I love the bag and get nice compliments on it, but I wasn't sure if this was supposed to happen. It doesn't bother me that much, but it might be nice to shop for another bag... :rolleyes: I'll wait to see if the Mulberry people write back.
  4. Mulberry wrote in less than 24 hours! Here's what I wrote and his response:

My name is Elizabeth and I live in Minneapolis, MN. I bought my beautiful Mulberry Roxette several months ago and have received many compliments! I love the size, leather and distinct weave. It is a very unique bag I fell in love with when I saw it at Nordstroms.

I have a question about the hardware. Is it suppose to peel off or chip? I have noticed that some of the hardware on the handles has peeled off and is now a different color (silver) from the original (chocolate).
    I appreciate all your help and support! I love your handbags and only want further information on my handbag. Thank you!

Dear Elizabeth

Thank you for your e-mail.

Firstly, please let me apologise on behalf of Mulberry Company for the disappointment you have been caused. Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to Mulberry and we are very disappointed that we have failed to provide this for you.

Unfortunately we did have a problem with some of our components peeling, this fault has now been rectified.

If you would like to return your bag to us we will assess the problem for you.

Mulberry Company Design Ltd
    Att. Repairs Dept
    The Rookery
    BA3 4EH

We will of course refund your postage.

Kind Regards

Customer Repairs/Returns Manager
  5. I feel bad...I didn't mean to sound disappointed... He sounds so nice and apologetic.