Mulberry CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies I am in tears and need your oppinion, for the end of my course we have to put on an exhibition and needed to give a huge deposit because nobody has bothered to fund raise or get sponsorship and they needed £500 a jumped up little guy on my cousre started lecturing me and being very rude telling me I should just borrow it.

I know I have bought a few bags and shoes but that was last disposable income before our house is sold and we move out. They are my treat that I have given myself for the last 4 years of awfulness. I said that I could not do that and he was so rude, he said I had to go into my overdraft well hello he is 21 lives with his parents and is out drinking most days he has no responsibility! He made me cry so I wrote him an email when I was angry telling him he had no right to humiliate me like that!

I am starting to wonder if I was wrong. I don't have credit cards well I had two to build up my credit rating paid them off each month and leave them empty all my bags i buy with my own money why should he make me feel bad!

They chose a super expensive gallery and have nominated me treasurer when I didn't need all this responsibilty I am complaining to Kenneth Clarke the PM's and taking it to the European court of human rights I said I didn't feel I could do it this year.

Last year I was more worry free sorted out loads of sponsorship raffle prizes and great venues but everybody couldn't be bothered at we had it just at The University so this year I am a bit bogged down and he made me feel so awful! :cry:

They can't make you pay this, and I'm sure in the past people haven't been able to find this much money no matter what their circumstances.
Your money and finances is nobody's business but your own so don't let him get to you. He'll grow up soon enough and then he'll get a shock!
When is your exhibition? Do you have time to find a sponsor? You could ask Mulberry for a bit?!
What's the theme of your exhibition? Would it link in with any of the banks or big stores in any way?
Why don't you speak to your course tutor and explain it to them, then you can take a bit of control back.
Don't take his comments personally, he doesn't know any better and he's there to learn.
Hope things are better tomorrow x

these must be the books true blood is based on - I like that show so I should read the books.
I guess in that case the cure for my tinnitus is to live with a vampire - if it is the lovely mitchell from the most excellent bbc 3 series 'being human' (see below) then I would be more than willing to take the risk :graucho:

Oh-er Midland Lass - what a handsome boy! ;) Yes, it's the book that True Blood is based on (am currently watching the second series on box set). Books are written by Charlaine Harris - but tbh they have used huge licence with the tv version - I would say very loosely based. I don't know anything about "Being Human" but I'm going to find out. I am a bit of a "fang-banger" as the Guardian once descibed women who like the current vampire vogue!!!

Riff - thanks for the update - that sounds positive, thankfully.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to send my best wishes to Riff & the SM & all the family. It sounds like everything went well & she's in good spirits considering everything. Very stressful for everyone - I hope she can go home soon.

On the subject of scars I have been recommended bio-oil for my laparotomy scar. I'm a bit squeamish so don't like touching it but even though I'm being a wimp it's already softening a bit. Nobody at the hospital told me anything about how to look after the scar, it was only a physio I've seen in the last few weeks thanks to work. The subject of hospitals & scars is all a bit too close for comfort for me still!

Nlicht - I agree with sharkgirl - your finances are not public affairs. Good luck.

Well I'm off to bed now. Had a day off today but a big day again tomorrow, as was yesterday. I'm still finding it exhausting being back at work, & I'm not there as much as I would normally have been. Recovery from illness & surgery really does take ages

Oh-er Midland Lass - what a handsome boy! ;) Yes, it's the book that True Blood is based on (am currently watching the second series on box set). Books are written by Charlaine Harris - but tbh they have used huge licence with the tv version - I would say very loosely based. I don't know anything about "Being Human" but I'm going to find out. I am a bit of a "fang-banger" as the Guardian once descibed women who like the current vampire vogue!!!

Riff - thanks for the update - that sounds positive, thankfully.

currently on 3rd series on BBC3 - first 2 series on itunes or dvd (or internet). its about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost sharing a house in bristol and is very very funny.
avoid the recent US/canadian remake - definitely not as good

We are looking for sponsors if we get them we will pay for it entirely with sponsorship, it is just we all have allocated jobs the sponsorship raising and idea people haven't done anything the exhibition is in May.

Sharkgirl my tutor is fine about it, although the exhibition is something we have to organise alone we get marked on it. I am taking large Black and White portraits x

He is an ignorant cocky moron and he just pushed me too far today, everyone else was fine just him! Grrrr

Riff excellent to know the SM has come through the operation okay, I bet she was so pleased to see you Riff! You should have a look at some of the Mulberry for Target bags on evilbay then she can have a bag like Aunty Riff!

Oh,Nlicht,I'm really sorry he upset you,why do people feel the need to harshly judge others when a)they don't know all the facts about the other person's circumstances and b)it's none of their bloody business anyway? Unfortunately you are always going to find insensitive people with big mouths,the other day a relative of mine made a very nasty comment about me and DH and how apparently we are inmature,spoilt and selfish because we have decided not to have children,she got put in her place but it left me upset for a few days so I know it's difficult to shake the feeling off but please don't let it upset you,you have enough on your plate at the momment without some brat adding up to your problems :hugs:
Riff,I'm glad you got to chat a bit with the SM and she seemed in good spirits,I had a few operations when I was younger and nowadays you can hardly notice the scars so I'm sure that with some of the stuff the ladies here have recommended they will fade in no time,I suppose children's skin heals better than adults' and the most important thing is that the doctors are happy with how the op went,hugs to you and your family and remember to take care of yourself too :flowers:
Elvis,hope your trip today isn't too stressful and you get to travel comfortably seated and munching Haribos ;)
Ladybo, is it just 2 more days now? Bet you can't wait...
To the rest of the ladies here,hope you have a good day

Even though I have today off I have been up since 6:30 (I'm an hour ahead of most of you) not doing too well on the sleeping front lately but today I almost don't mind because it gives me...... more "Happy Birthday to Me" hours !!!! :wlae::wlae::wlae:

Hi all,

just a quick visit for me too as can't spend much time on here with parents around.

Sorry to hear about the jumped up little oick, Nlicht. I would tell him where to get off myself!!!! Try not to worry about the money side, some good advice from the others about sponsorship here.

Riff - glad SM is feeling a bit better

Thea - hope you're feeling better too.

Sure I've missed things on here - hope everyone else is doing Ok - must dash off now.

Taking parents to see king's speech later. Don't think my dad has been to cinema for 15 years or more!

Status
Not open for further replies.