Mulberry Bayswater in antique glace

1. Hi everybody,

I ended up getting a bayswater during the big Saks sale that shoppingismycard mentioned. I am looking for advice on the best way to maintain my bag. I got one in tan in the antique glace and I'm not sure the best way to baby my baby. :p Does anybody else have the antique glace. If so, what do you think?
  2. I have an antique glace bayswater in a pale sea green (not sure what the colour is called) and i use Collonil Waterstop - Waterproofing spray which Mulberry recommend for all their bags. I've had no problems with marks not even from rain.

I'm not sure where you live but if you search in google it will come up or alternatively email Mulberry and they can sell you some (that's what i did!)

3. mine is in antique glace too....sadly, i don't love it, so it's going back. i was thinking it was the darwin.

mine came with a care card, though - did you look inside yours for the care card? mine says:

4. ^^^ yeah, I looked at the ard and it made me nervous about carrying it! I thought about returning mine as well. Are you getting the darwin leather one? What color? I can't decide between keeping it or switching for the darwin leather.
  5. I'm not sure if this helps i have 2 friends both with the oak darwin Phoebe bag and neither of them protected their bags before use and now have stains on them...they also scratch easily - some like the vintage look but it's not for everybody, if you go for the oak darwin (my other friend has a plum darwin which seems more resilient) then be sure to protect it well.

I think because the antique glace has a sheen it's almost like another layer of protection...the oak darwin is defo less protected. Hasn't put me off though i'm after the anthony in oak next!

Good luck with your decisions

6. ^^thanks Trix. If ironic, I'd been salivating over the antique glace and now that I have it, I think I should get the darwin leather!