Moving out of my parents house~ need advice~ mortgage or rent?

Thank you everyone for your input!!

There is so much to think about atm, i feel totally overwhelmed!!

Yes I have been thinking and I do think renting would be the best way to see how things go!

I mean it will be the first time for both of us to move out, my bf practically lives at my house (pays rent etc) so i know it will be fine in that sense, but yes I have no idea how to pay bills etc!!

I am so excited atm, looking at places, we will definatley be getting an apartment, houses are too expensive around my area!

Does anyone know abou the part rent part buy schemes, you pay half to the rent but then you have half mortgage? I was thinking that way i wouldnt feel like I was losing out on all the money!!

Ooh i didnt even think about having a written agreement!! OMG how would I go about introducing that one?!

Lol, I feel so imature yet grown up all at the same time!!
I really appreciate your advice ladies xx

I would suggest bringing it up sooner rather than later, maybe slip it into the conversation when you sit down to discuss all the paperwork required, rent/lease agreements, contents insurance, wills, cohabitation agreements, life insurance.

Try not to sell the agreement in a negetive light it's not that your planning on breaking up in fact the total opposite but nobody plans to break up and when they do things turn bitter and nasty an agreement protects each other while you are in a good relationship you will do fair and reasonable terms rather than taking things out of spite kwim?

Yes thank you Claire and riffraff!! Bf works away so i will talk to him on the weekend, just an informal chat!

Lol, i know this sounds silly, but lots of these apartments (new ones) do not have a balcony! They have french doors that open in?! Whats the point in that!!
I need a balcony for Minnie for her to do her things when shes not being walked!!
Eh its really confusing trying to sort/ look for all these things!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Lol, i know this sounds silly, but lots of these apartments (new ones) do not have a balcony! They have french doors that open in?! Whats the point in that!!
I need a balcony for Minnie for her to do her things when shes not being walked!!
Eh its really confusing trying to sort/ look for all these things!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

So it's easier to end it all once you realized moving in was a huge mistake?? ;)

My recommendation is to never, ever buy a property with someone that you aren't married too. Its a legal mess if you need to get out!!

From what I can tell, getting out of joint assets is the same process being married or not being married. Both are contracts with joint ownership and are thus handled the same way.
Perhaps it should be, don't buy property with someone who is an assface. It's a legal mess if you need to get out.