Movies Starring Hermes

ayla said:
margot9.jpg

I love this thread! Can someone tell me which size/make/color this bag is?

the movie Tennenbaums with Gwyneth I heard was a replica since it was a low budget film. also in that movie, you can see that Angelica Houston who plays her mother also carries an hermes but the kelly. i cant remember what color though sorry.

Greentea said:
That Rouge Vif Kelly is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: !

I was just going to ask which red this Kelly was in and you answered before I even asked :biggrin:
When I went to Paris this April they had 2 Kellys in the window in red croc, but I think it was the lipstick red color, not VIF. Of course they weren't for sale :sad2:

The other night I caught part of a Lifetime movie, Murder in the Hamptons, and the girl in their was carrying a birkin - unsure of size and stuff as I only caught it briefly...

Sex and the City: Season 6

In the episode Out of the Frying Pan, Carrie has a red Birkin

attachment.php

In the episode Catch 38, I think Carrie is holding a Kelly when she's carrying Miranda's son down the steps of her apartment.

And in the episode Hop, Skip and a Week, I think Miranda rushes in to work with a red Kelly.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Head of State, starring Chris Rock? In the movie, he's an alderman running for President of the U.S.A, and his campaign advisor, played by Lynn Whitfield, has a Birkin.

Attachments

• satc2.jpg
    satc2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4,072
i keep forgetting to mention this and for some reason i thought of it last night (blame the jetlag; i'm on yet another trip), so i'm glad this thread got bumped - the tv show "Girlfriends" has an episode where one woman, who has suddenly discovered that she has a lot of debt, is determined to buy a kelly, with plenty of talk about it being the ultimate bag. she buys it but her friends force her to return it. there is also one funny joke where another character mentions that he bought a kelly for his mom, and adds that he had to tell her it was named after kelly rippa :blink: because his mom always hated grace kelly (because his mom had always wanted to be a princess or something - insinuating that, you know, if it hadn't been for grace, his mom might have snagged the prince for herself. lol). it was all very cute, but meanwhile there is a kelly bag in 20% of the episode. :love: yum.

ps, in other episodes i've seen the main character, played by tracey ellis ross (also pictured in the stars & hermes thread), carrying a birkin to work, with zero mention of that bag. but more often she has a bottega veneta.