Movado watch

1. Hey everyone!

Have you ever owned a Movado watch? What was your experience with it? Did it break at all? Was it worth what you paid for it?

Thanks!

2. I have one with a diamond bezel. Can't really say about the quality since I haven't used it yet. But I know people who wear theirs and it seems to be pretty sturdy. I think it's a reasonable price comparably.

3. I love mine. I have the classic museum watch with sapphire crystal. It is one of the older styles that is no longer made though. They are wonderful watches and very classic looking.

movado.jpg

4. I think they're reasonably priced mid-range watches. Does Movado make their own movements?

5. I've had my watch since 97' and the only thing I've done is change the battery. It looks fab and I get compliments on it all time. Unlike my husband's Gucci G-watch thing fell on the floor and the G broke into pieces. Cost to repair $130. :yucky:

6. I've never had one... but they always seem stylish and clean to me

7. I like the look. Actually saving up for one.

8. Yup, I have one (which I rarely wear at the moment). I think it looks more "professional", so I'll probably use it more once I start working next month.

9. My first "designer" watch was a vintage Movodo. I still have it today, 21 years later. I also managed a jewelry store that sold Movodo and we never had any problems with them. I think I have 5 of them now!

10. I love mine!!

It's a museum face w/ two tone metal band and goes with absolutely everything. I've had it for about five years, have worn it almost everyday (and have taken few real precautions with it regarding rain, wear and tear, etc) and it works great. Only changed the battery once so far (knock on wood!)

I know some people say that they are fragile and prone to problems, but I have really gotten my money's worth out of mine, for sure.

11. Oh, wow! 21 years??? Good to know! I just bought a Movado watch today (40% off!!!!) and the SA that sold it to me said that she had hers for 10 years and still wearing it every day!

Thanks for your responses everyone!

12. I like the clean look of them- but you should buy at an outlet as I hear they're much cheaper there. Here's a list of the ones in Chelsea Outlets:
    Allen, TX (Dallas area)Camarillo, CA (Los Angeles area)Clinton, CT (Connecticut Shoreline)Tannersville, PA (Pocono Mountains Area)Cabazon, CA (Palm Springs area)Gilroy, CA (San Jose Area)Las Vegas, NV (North of the Strip)Leesburg, VA (Washington D.C. area)Michigan City, IN (Chicago area)Dawsonville, GA (Atlanta area)Orlando, FL (Orlando area)Tulalip, WA (North of Seattle)St. Augustine, FL (Northeast Florida)Vacaville, CA (Between San Francisco & Sacramento)Central Valley, NY (NYC area)Wrentham

all at premiumoutlets.com

13. I've had mine for 3 years and have not had a single problem with it.

14. I have one too. I haven't had mine very long, but I love it. It hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. It's gotten banged a couple of times, but you wouldn't know by looking at it. The price wasn't bad either. I got it on sale for $450. I would definitely recommend one for someone who wants a nice quality watch without spending a fortune.

15. My husband and I each bought one during an anniversary vacation, I think it's been 5 years now. They both still look brand new. No scratches on the face at all, and he wears his all the time. I had to change the battery in mine once, he has yet to change his. Keeps perfect time. I love mine.