Motherly/Sisterly advice needed

mandm said:
I think there is a difference between "playing" hard to get and making sure to stay a little aloof and detatched until you KNOW that he really wants to be in a relationship with you. The biggest mistakes I made dating always involved getting too attached too fast. Guys seem to come on really strong the first few weeks, then once they feel like they have your interest they will back away. **This is the time to avoid making frequent phone calls or invitations** Also, don't ask what's wrong. They will think that you are clingy. Anyway, I guess I agree that being a bit unatainable the first few weeks (and during that critical time when he seems to pull away, especially right after you sleep with him -- which you DEFINITELY should also wait around 4 weeks for that!) is key. Guys seem to like some mystery! So, that's what I've learned so far...but I'm no expert.

As I sort of said above, I'm great at getting loads of dates and casual flings...but as soon as I myself start to show real interest and feelings, the guys seem to head out. So I'm just offering the advice I wish people had told me:smile:

I agree! Be a little "unavailable" at times, don't always answer the phone, make plans with friends - and yes, if you end up in bed with him :shame: right after that is when you should play a little hard to get. Guys lose interest quickly, no matter what they say. All of them love a little chase every now and then. Be yourself, be confident, but make him realize that you had a life before he entered it :amuse: