Most Romantic Scenes in Movies?

1. You know, those scenes in movies that make you go :tender:

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet
    • When Juliet jumped on Romeo and kissed him and they both fell in the pool ('I gave thee mine before thou didst request it!')
    The Wedding Singer
    • When Robbie sang the song he wrote over the loudspeaker to Julia. "It would be so nice growin' old with you."
    Win A Date With Tad Hamilton!
    • When Pete and Rosalee kissed by the side of the road.

Beautiful Thing
    • When Ste and Jamie dance to Dream a Little Dream by Mama Cass in the courtyard.

• When Jack thought Rose was on the lifeboat. She acually got off the boat, got back onto the ship and ran to find him. When she found him,she jumped on him, crying and kissing him. He says "You're so stupid, Rose! Why'd you do that, huh?" then she replied, "You jump, I jump, remember?"
  2. The most romantic - and the most erotic - scene in all cinema is the "Shall we Dance" scene between Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr in the King and I.

No matter what your opinion of the movie, the book, or the events that Inspired it, and believe me, I have opinions on all of that, and don't worry, I will restrain myself. But anyway, dispense with all that, and just watch that scene.

I should warn that younger readers who don't know who Yul Brynner is, and who take it upon themselves to find out, may be alarmed to discover that they did not know what "hot" is either.

I'm not saying he can compare to Mr Puff. No man, alive or dead, can do that, but for someone who is not Mr Puff, Yul Brynner was definitely hot.
  3. My husband and I "cut the cake" to that song at our wedding reception! ( was sooo cute!)

but to answer your question.

The Notebook.
    the whole damn movie make me go :tender:
  4. Titanic is my favourite movie of all time. I cry everytime I watch it. And that scene you mentioned, caitlin (love your name btw), gets me everytime.
  5. Love Story

When they are playing in the snow

The English Patient

When she is dying and he carries her into the cave and she says I have always loved you and the music etc, gets me everytime

The Notebook

Where Noah takes Ali on the boat in the rain and there are all the swans
  6. Serenipidity....the entire movie makes me swoon!:love:
  7. The Lake House...the "almost" kissing scene that turns into a kissing scene. Also, where Kate says to Alex, "you waited"...:love:
  8. Love Actually
    • Mark's playing a cassette of Christmas carols and showing Juliet phrases written on pieces of posterboard: "With any luck, by next year - I'll be going out with one of these girls.
      [shows pictures of beautiful supermodels] But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this [picture of a mummy]" and then he leaves her place with Dido's Here With Me playing.
    • At the airport, when Natalie runs to the Prime Minister and jumps in his arms. The Prime Minister says, "God, you weigh a lot!" Natalie replies, "Oh, shut your face!" and they kiss. The Prime Minister puts her down and they wave to the cameras with their arms around each other.
  9. I'm such a sap... While reading them I got teary-eyed:crybaby:
  10. Ya'll are going to have a field day making fun of me for this, but...

Lots of movies touch me and make me cry because they are so romantic. However, the one that gets me everytime is "The Muppets Take Manhattan." When Miss Piggy and Kermit are in the church about to get married and the entire church is filled with muppets who are singing and swaying back and forth... I could just cry right now! :crybaby: :lol:
  11. Do you even have the excuse of menopause? :roflmfao:
  12. Yes and yes!
  13. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
    • At the end of the movie, when Harold FINALLY gets up the courage to talk to Maria. As they're making out, I Wanna Get Next to You by Rose Royce is playing.
    Bridget Jones's Diary
    • Mark Darcy leaves Bridget's apartment. Bridget thinks it was because he something incriminating in her diary. She runs after him (while it's snowing) wearing nothing but a camisole, panties and sneakers. Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross is playing in the background. When she catches up to him, she learns he just left to buy her a new diary. He kisses her. She says, "Nice boys don't kiss like that." He replies, "Oh, yes, they f:cursing: cking do." They make out and Darcy wraps his coat around her.
  14. Let me think...
  15. Latter Days
    • Christian: God I hate the snow.
      Elder Aaron Davis: What are you doing here?
      Christian: I came after you. How could you just leave without saying anything.
      Elder Aaron Davis: It's not my choice, I am being sent home in shame. And I'm probably going to be excommunicated.
      Christian: For a kiss? I mean it was a very nice kiss, but come on. We didn't even get to use our tongues.
      Elder Aaron Davis: You wouldn't understand.
      Christian: I'm sorry, I'm not very good at this. See, I've never made a fool out of myself in front of anyone before. But I've never felt this way before about anyone in my entire life.
      Elder Aaron Davis: What for just some guy you can't have. And next week you'll be on to your next conquest?
      Christian: But what if you're not? Huh? What if everything in my entire pathetic life, which I happen to love, has led to this point? Right here, right now. What if you're the blinding light in the middle of the road that strikes me like that guy, the guy in...
      Elder Aaron Davis: The Bible?
      Christian: Yeah.
      Elder Aaron Davis: Paul.
      Christian: Yeah. And what if everything has changed like that... and lions lay down with lambs and colors mix with whites. What if you're the one that I've been waiting for my whole life and I let you go?
      Elder Aaron Davis: You have no idea what I'd be giving up.
      Christian: Damn it! What is wrong with you? You want revelations engraved in gold and angels trumpting down from heaven? But what if this is it instead? Me, telling you I love you, right here, in the snow? I think that is pretty miraculous. But if you don't... I'll go. I'll walk and you can pretend that this was just some coincidence. You can pretend there wasn't some reason that we met, and that you're sorry I ever walked into you life.
      [Christian walk to the door, but it won't open]
      Christian: God, I hate the snow.
      [Aaron grabs him and gives him a passionate kiss]