Morgan Oakley? Has anyone tried it?

1. I've fallen in love with a Morgan Oakley bag.

I know ruffles aren't for everyone, but they're kind of me.

I've never seen a Morgan Oakley bag. Does anyone know whether they're good? Worth the price?

This bag is similar to the Treesje Gardenia if not a brazen copy.

I'm torn between the two. The price tags seem awful high for me, but oh, I love these purses! And life is short, isn't it?

Any advice would be appreciated! ;)
  2. I'm not familiar with either brand, Sue, but if your heart beats a little faster for these bags, then that says something. Everyone has their own style, and you should definitely express yours by carrying bags you love!

One rule to follow when buying expensive accessories is the "Will I regret this if it doesn't work out?" rule. Make sure the merchant selling the bag has a great return policy so you're not out the money. Otherwise, it's best to see if you can find the bag locally and look at it in person. What looks great (big, small, just the right color) on a monitor doesn't always have quite the same dimensions or appeal once you get your hands on it. See if the bag really is you. Once you're sure, all bets are off! A bag that's perfect for you is a worthwhile wardrobe investment (and life really is too short to pass on something that's perfect), but a bag you hardly wear might be a waste of money (and life's too short to have wasted that cash on something you won't use). I do a lot of buying online, but make sure I can return anything I decide really isn't my kind of thing.

Hope this helps!
  3. I'm familiar with both brands. I absolutely adore that Diani and have craved it for a very long time. However, it's such a niche brand it's not something you'll find in a lot of places, and in that regard, you won't get it on sale, or with a coupon.

To content myself with this sad fact I ended up buying a Treesje "Garden" bag in gray. The one below is a larger version of my bag - the Garden Grande - that was discussed on the purse blog:

As you can see, they're ridiculously similar. But if you go to the Treesje website, the regular Garden bags (like the one I bought) are half off! There aren't very many versions of this bag left, but you can't beat the price.

I'd recommend the chocolate colour or the bone. You can probably do a search on TPF - other members have posted pics of this bag. You can always call them too to ask if they have any other colours. They're so helpful and nice there. I love their customer service! :yes:

Hope that helps! ;)
  4. Thanks LadyLinda and JadeJett for all the good advice! I'm new to this bag thing.

I saw that the Treesje Garden was on sale but there are no returns and that worries me. I know that Web photos are often a very different thing than real life.

There's no info on Morgan Oakley's web site about their return policy. I e-mailed the company but never got a response. The closest store that carries their bags is many, many miles away.

I keep telling myself I'm going to grow up and only buy purses I can look at and feel--bought a purse from Dooney's web site and it wasn't at all the shape or color it appeared to be in the picture, so I learned my lesson. Sort of. The trouble is I live several hundred miles from good shopping (unless you count Wal-Mart) and can't do highway driving.

So I'm thinking if I buy a purse from Nordstrom's web site at least I can return it if I don't like it. I know their purses go on sale now and then, but they seem to get snapped up quickly, often within hours.

On the other hand, maybe I should just sew my own knock-off in corduroy. :wtf: Nah.

Pleased to make your acquaintance! And thank you for the advice! I read through all the message strings you suggested and am almost in love with Treesje even though I've never seen the bags in person.