more tips - from the stylish and experienced HERMES ladies:starter bag

I agree with India. I think if you want a Kelly you should save for one. Makes no sense to buy a bag as an in betweem if you want something else.

I share similar sentiments as India, Julide and Jadeite.

There isn't much a price difference if you buy a brand new Hermes bag of a different style from the boutique which will be equivalent or almost the same price as a brand new Kelly. If you spend the money on a different style, will you still have the money left to buy a Kelly next time?

To answer your query, I'd suggest a Omnibus, Whitebus, Dalvy (preloved), they may not be exactly similar to the Kelly, since you like the Kelly, these 3 bags have the same feeling as toting a Kelly. If you're lucky, you may score a good deal in a nice leather (eg. chevre, barenia, etc) and they can be cheaper than a preloved/brand new Kelly.

It's more important to get what you like most even if it may cost you a bomb. You'd be far happier.:yes:

I live in the sticks and have a casual lifestyle - jeans on everyday. My most used bags are my GPs, then Gao in winter for shoulder bag or in summer my silky city or evelyne. HTH.

Sorry but what was your first Hermes starter bag? I can't see that mentioned here so it is hard to advise you. I have just seen a Hermes advertisement for the Toolbox. I must admit it is a very nice bag, although I have no idea of the price. Maybe you should just wait and get the Kelly you really love !!!

If you're into shoulder purses, under very under the radar but comfy piece is the Massai cut. If handheld is more to your liking (or not) what about the Paris Bombay or if a bolide go no larger than a 31 bolide as I know you like lighter and smaller purses. My gut says wait for that 28 because that is truly what you want.

(Apparently NY Wall Street had a 28 in buffalo and I am biting my lips but the heck with it all, if 28s are as rare as I'm told, why can't a boutique 4hrs south of NYC get one?)

hi there! - we sort of discussed it so you have an excellent clue what I got!
How about a vintage plume? I think they are great bag that can dress up or down.

you know what - I tried a new mini plume at the boutique and very nearly bough it. It was swift blue jean for £2900 and it looked perfect on me. I just thought that in reality I would want it in red so I did not want to compromise.

I recently discovered this bag and :love: it!
Someday I'd love to have a Kelly - but in short term, I'd love to find a toolbox!

I did not try the toolbox on - I thought it looked a little too much like a toolbox, if you know what I mean. On the right person it would look great though!

Sorry but what was your first Hermes starter bag? I can't see that mentioned here so it is hard to advise you. I have just seen a Hermes advertisement for the Toolbox. I must admit it is a very nice bag, although I have no idea of the price. Maybe you should just wait and get the Kelly you really love !!!

details (a lot of details!) of my starter no. 1 here; http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/s...-experienced-hermes-owners-herbag-684351.html

I have gone and read the whole thread about your first bag.

So here is my advice for a second bag :

GET A KELLY ! You are ready for it. I would go for a soft ( retourne) bag, in 32 or 35 cm, in an easy (non black) neutral color.
That can be : Gold, Etoupe, Gris Tourterelle, Chocolat, Rouge H, Bright red, Bleu de Malte.

Ladysarah, I agree with Perlerare about the Kelly. But I would advise that you go with a 25 or 28 since your preference is for small bags. I myself am looking for a 25 Kelly Rubis with PHW - a lovely little pop of colour.

I have gone and read the whole thread about your first bag.

So here is my advice for a second bag :

GET A KELLY ! You are ready for it. I would go for a soft ( retourne) bag, in 32 or 35 cm, in an easy (non black) neutral color.
That can be : Gold, Etoupe, Gris Tourterelle, Chocolat, Rouge H, Bright red, Bleu de Malte.
Save your money and get what you love - a Kelly. If you go the resell route, you can save some serious money.
Ladysarah, I agree with Perlerare about the Kelly. But I would advise that you go with a 25 or 28 since your preference is for small bags. I myself am looking for a 25 Kelly Rubis with PHW - a lovely little pop of colour.

thank you for your trouble ladies! so you think I would be ready to pull of the kelly look? I am asking because when I first tried on a kelly 32 I looked as if I was on my way to a fancy dress up party! Seriously! That is a consideration, as it is seen quite a lot with CHANEL. No offence, but some ladies carry the CHANEL classic like the spartans in their hey day carried their shields.:lol: not a particularly elegant look.
So - this is what I got...

Attachments

• kelly lock gold.jpg
    kelly lock gold.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,135
getting into training for carrying a kelly, yes I am kind of ready :yes:- so I thought Id start small!;)

Attachments

• kellyin box.jpg
    kellyin box.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,117
  • kelly mini portrait.jpg
    kelly mini portrait.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,123
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2,099
  • kelly lock gold.jpg
    kelly lock gold.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,092
...as I am currently -'in training' at the elegance stakes on 'how to carry a kelly', will be taking this out. Casually with jeans and a frayed chanel jacket. Will post modelling shots soon...

Attachments

• mini kelly.JPG
    mini kelly.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,113
Great choice.....and I love the Kelly with a casual outfit. There is just something fabulous about a very ladylike bag paired with jeans and a white T....as well as other casual looks.

...as I am currently -'in training' at the elegance stakes on 'how to carry a kelly', will be taking this out. Casually with jeans and a frayed chanel jacket. Will post modelling shots soon...
Congrats on getting the KP! Am looking forward to the modelling shots...I am currently looking to buy an evening bag and am considering the KP and the Jige, so I'd love to see/read how you are finding the KP.

Congratulations Sarah!!!! What a lovely choice! What is the color? Havanne? Or? Lovely... I was going to recommend a Kelly 32 retourné as I myself am 5'7" and I literally don't let that bag rest...

How sad to hear you "don't want a birkin" for "some" reasons... If it is what I think I had a thread on it... I would never believe ANY woman would ever say it, but I am in that direction myself.

SO- good choice!:love: