more news on fall 06 leather!

Apr 3, 2006
ok guys, most of you bal subforum regulars know i have been collecting bal bags since i bought my first black 02 flat brass in paris in 02, so i know leather variations pretty well...anyway, i had my first peak at the new 06 red, greige, green , black, white, blueberry and truffle. all of them in different shapes and sizes...THE LEATHER VARIED GREATLY!!! for example, i saw a griege twiggy that was shiny and veiny like last season , but the greige city was matte!! the leather was still thinner than the older years, but better than last season. the red i saw was not shiny at all, very, very matte. the green was almost dull? the blueberry was shiny but not veiny. and the best leathers, like last season !were the blacks and whites. i even took home a white first with me bc the leather was like the 04 and early 05s.:amazed: smooshy and thick!:cool: anyway, i did not see the oxblood IRL yet. i think we are going to hear varying reports on leather qualities and if you guys are as neurotic as me, it may take a couple of exchanges to get your personal perfect bal bag.:heart: :heart: :heart:

Yes, I would definitely either pick the bag out in person yourself or ask a trusted SA to choose one with the best leather for you with your specifications in mind.

cutiekiara said:
Thanks chauss for the info.. I'm kinda hope that I won't like ke leather so that I can save up money for S/S07 bags :smile:

oooh! I can't wait for the S/S07 bags! I'm hoping the leather will be even better(although I am already really happy with the Oxblood I just got). It seems like there is still variability in this new season's leather, but BalNY said they will be tightening down on quality control so the leather should only get better.

chaussurewhore said:
...i think we are going to hear varying reports on leather qualities and if you guys are as neurotic as me, it may take a couple of exchanges to get your personal perfect bal bag.:heart: :heart: :heart:

...and so the Balenciaga saga continues. :sad:

Thanks for your candid report chaussurewhore. I'm thankful for the forums, because people here share their real life experiences and this helps others.

I wonder if the powers that be (BNY) read TPF and their customers feedback. Hmmm...more importantly, I wonder if they care.

welp, i think they do care, because overall, the leather's different now...and it's mainly due to all the customer feedback & complaints...me, for one (and perhaps the only one, besides 2 of my nyc SA's :P) liked the leather the way it was...the sheer difference in weight now, is enough to make me not wanna buy a new bag :cry:

aaallabama said:
welp, i think they do care, because overall, the leather's different now...and it's mainly due to all the customer feedback & complaints...me, for one (and perhaps the only one, besides 2 of my nyc SA's :P) liked the leather the way it was...the sheer difference in weight now, is enough to make me not wanna buy a new bag :cry:

LOL! When I was talking to Daphne today, she mentioned that pretty much everyone aside from one person she knows likes the old leather better. I *know* she was talking about you, aaallabama! I almost said, 'Yeah, aaallabama, right?'. LOL :lol:

Pupsterpurse said:
LOL! When I was talking to Daphne today, she mentioned that pretty much everyone aside from one person she knows likes the old leather better. I *know* she was talking about you, aaallabama! I almost said, 'Yeah, aaallabama, right?'. LOL :lol:

lol :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: