more more more sub-forums!

I'm sorry. . . I kind of feel bad now.
But the owners and Mods work SO hard on this Forum and to hear anyone ***** and moan is so hard to read!:shame:

This website has come SO far in just the span of a year.
Really, we should be giving kudos to Vlad and Megs, not criticism.

Many in the Handbags and Purses forum have bashed a certain designer (like Dooney), making it less likely for other posters to comfortably discuss a favorite designer of theirs. Now, with the addition of the Dooney subforum, Dooney lovers have a place to go to post and not have to worry about retaliation from certain bag bashers.

I couldn't have put it better myself and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote.

I'm supposed to rave about Dooney in the Handbags forum where I would be told I have the taste of a 5-year old? :yes:

The subforum is greatly appreciated and I'll be posting often to show it's an asset to tPF.

I couldn't have put it better myself and I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote.

I'm supposed to rave about Dooney in the Handbags forum where I would be told I have the taste of a 5-year old? :yes:

The subforum is greatly appreciated and I'll be posting often to show it's an asset to tPF.

Thanks iggystar! :smile: I totally agree with ya! :yes:

Maybe I'm the only one who feels that there are too many subforums already and adding to it would be a bit redundant.

The downside that I can think of is that adding more subforums is going to split up the forum and the members won't be as close. I like the intimate feeling we have here. I know I haven't browsed much of the other subforums aside from LV and Chanel since they were created.

I posted this in an LV thread but if you don't want to scroll through everything in the general thread, you can always use the search feature (and then advance search if you want to get down to the very specifics)

search.jpg

I agree whole-heartedly.

i'll always be inclined towards the more sub-forums the better because it becomes easier to find stuff. but i admin a (much much smaller) board and i know it's not creating the sub-form that's hard work, it's moving all the related threads there :Push: and here that's a LOT of work so i understand the reluctance to do it sometimes!

I have to respectfully say that I disagree with the idea that tPF loses intimacy with additional subforums. It didn't feel very intimate to me have a brand I like being derided upon mention. Perhaps by intimacy some are really referring to exclusivity. Is it too much to scroll down a wee bit to bypass a designer you don't care for?

Alas, I'm glad tPF if broadening its horizons and I'm off to my favorite subforums.

Peace.