more ebay koobas!

i've also bought a bag from this e bayer and i can also say that they are a definite authentic ebayer. i got a pink candy botkier satchel from her a couple of years ago and the service was good. im currently waiting for the moni moni splendor in plum to buy from her.....

i've also bought a bag from this e bayer and i can also say that they are a definite authentic ebayer. i got a pink candy botkier satchel from her a couple of years ago and the service was good. im currently waiting for the moni moni splendor in plum to buy from her.....
Need to ask Lexie about the Splendor. I was going to buy that same bag in plum from I can't remember where now with a 25% off ecoupon but after what she told me about hers, which she quickly removed from her collection, decided against it.

The Moni just wasn't for me. many swear by the bag and love it but it is a "grunge" bag. That's not being derogatory...that's just the style. Very wrinkled washed leather, a very casual "sloppy" type bag and I am not at all into the look. I like a more finished bag.

I have to agree with Lexie2000. Don't buy the Moni unless you've seen it/held it first. By the photos, I thought I would like it but when I got it, I hated it. It felt cheap and the leather SMELLED. I ended up returning it even though I got a good deal on it.

I've also been very interested in the Moni and have not been able to get it out of my mind for the last few weeks. Hearing the testimony from you gals I've decided that I need to order it from a website that will take returns just in case it is not the bag for me. There are a couple of sites that do not take returns on Moni bags...probably for the same reason.

Oh Lexie, I remember this thread now that you mention it! As you definitely do go for more of the structured bags this one must have been a shock to you. I had to laugh when I read the quote from ladysalesrep195 "Gee whiz, that bag looks like my Grandma in her underpants. Not good." Truly, I'm a casual gal who seldom wears any dresses or even dress pants. Cargo pants and jeans with funky tops are more my things so I keep coming back to this bag. Love my Koobas and HH's but my want list is a Gustto Baca and likely a Moni. Thanks for providing the link to this interesting thread. You are definitely a wealth of handbag knowledge!

Need to ask Lexie about the Splendor. I was going to buy that same bag in plum from I can't remember where now with a 25% off ecoupon but after what she told me about hers, which she quickly removed from her collection, decided against it.

I have to come to the defense of the Monis! I have a couple, a Splendor in olive and a hobo satchel in red. Now I absolutely adore this worn, been in the washer look. The leather is so pliable and so soft, you could wad it up and stuff it in a travel bag. It has no structure so if you like a structured bag, the Monis aren't for you, but if you love soft, soft leather that's absolutely lush, you'll love the Moni. :okay:

Lexie, I have no idea why your link takes me back to the Purse Forum main page. I ended up having to do a search to find your thread. If anyone else has the same problem, try this link.

http://forum.purseblog.com/showthread.php?t=142016&highlight=moni-moni

I have to say I rather like the Moni-Moni, it looks all saggy, floppy and distressed, which would be great with jeans. It looks like a bag that could take a lot of wear and still look good. I had to laugh at the wavy pocket though, not quite like Paris's Moni!

The forum screws up on me every Monday morn. I bet they do something on Sunday nights. I just now was even able to get in. Everytime I hit the Kooba page I would get the main page. Seems straightened up now.

Wow. Seven Jillians on eBay - one sand, one bourbon, five blacks. I'm still waiting for mine - it's arriving tomorrow. Black. I hope it's nice - otherwise eBay might have eight. Those Sloanes look really nice. Both the bark and sand.