Monogram wallet lining???

tgb01

Feb 8, 2007
Hi everyone,

I have the mono business card holder that I use for all my points/club cards and when I look in the little pockets there is like a pleather lining on the inside...The little tag that came with it said it was leather, but it looks and feels more like plastic to me...Does anyone know what this material is?? Is it ideed real leather???

Thank for your help!;)

The lining of small leather goods is indeed a synthetic one. This proves very problematic in high humidity areas where stickiness and cracking happens as it ages. I believe LV changed the material a few years back to make it more resilient. I'm not familiar with the mono business card holder per se but my pochette wallet definitely has this synthetic lining. From pictures I don't think yours has any synthetic lining. I don't think either that it's coated canvas because that is the monogram and fleur material. You can identify the leather part as being cross-grained and the synthetic as having a smooth surface. Hope this helps.

Thanks!!! The visible part is the cross-grain lining and the inside where the cards go and you can't see it is smooth. I don't live in humidity, so no problem for me, just thought it was weird when they could easily do it all leather. Thanks again!

The lining of small leather goods is indeed a synthetic one. This proves very problematic in high humidity areas where stickiness and cracking happens as it ages. I believe LV changed the material a few years back to make it more resilient. I'm not familiar with the mono business card holder per se but my pochette wallet definitely has this synthetic lining. From pictures I don't think yours has any synthetic lining. I don't think either that it's coated canvas because that is the monogram and fleur material. You can identify the leather part as being cross-grained and the synthetic as having a smooth surface. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that info...was wondering what it was.