Monogram Idylle Speedy 30-To Buy Or Not To Buy-HELP

Hi,I'm thinking to get the Encre tomorrow,do you still like it after a year? ( this thread is a year ok right? ). thx

yes, i still like this bag ... a lot. it's the perfect casual summer bag. it's light-weight and the color goes perfect with jeans, khaki's or summer whites. i highly recommend this bag.

p.s. - sorry for the late reply, i just got back from vacation.

Get it!!! I have it in encre and absolutely LOVE that bag! It is so nice to have the longer strap to give you some versatility. Also the idylle material is really squishy so if it isn't jamacked, the bag just conforms to your body when you are carrying it on your shoulder or crossbody. I really cannot say enough great things about this bag! Also, you get the classic speedy shape with a fresh twist because of the idylle material :biggrin:

I have a Idylle Fantaisie in the Fusian so I can only tell you about the fabric - its holding up quite nice so far, Ive carried it out these few days when its been raining, I wasn't as scared as my other bags since it had the vachetta handles. I've also seen someone carry the speedy in fusian and thought it was really cute too! Good luck with your decision!

i still love my speedy idylle, but it can get pretty heavy if you load more than your necessities like wallet, hp, keys, pouch. and i think idylle works best for speedy! i felt it was awful as a neverfull and other bags. as much as i love the fabric, i wouldnt consider other bags besides the speedy design.

i still love my speedy idylle, but it can get pretty heavy if you load more than your necessities like wallet, hp, keys, pouch. and i think idylle works best for speedy! i felt it was awful as a neverfull and other bags. as much as i love the fabric, i wouldnt consider other bags besides the speedy design.

Do you mean the Speedy idylle is heavier than the regular Speedy?

I bought this bag 2weeks ago she so adorable I love her a lot but one complain for me is be careful when u wear jean coz the color from jean is very easy to transform to your bag. It already happened to my baby anyway u won't go wrong go forrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it.

I purchased the Speedy 30 Idylle in Fusain (dark brown) colour back in April of 2010 (for $1080USD, and the price has now gone up to $1300USD), and I have probably used it about 15-20 times since then...I'm very careful about bringing any of my nice bags out depending on where I'm going, and what I'm doing.

From my experience, I can say that my Idylle has held up quite well- no pilling, no discolouration, etc. But this is also largely due to the fact that it is dark brown colour, both the fabric of the body, and the leather of the handles. I kept this in mind when deciding whether to get the classic Speedy (with the light tan coloured handles) or the Idylle.

In my opinion, if you are wanting to get a Speedy to add to your collection as part of a classic, timeless piece, then you should choose the Speedy 30 from the Idylle line. 1) The bag now comes with a shoulder strap, 2) The handles are dark brown, which will never discolour with time, like the classic light tan coloured handles from the classic Speedies, 3) The fabric from the Idylle line has added reinforcement from an additional coating which the previous (but similar) Mini Lin line did not have, 4) You will have a more unique-looking (but still classic) Speedy 30, 5) The Fusain colour (dark brown fabric) looks really great in contrast to the gold hardware.