monogram canvas bag with black outfit? opinions!

1. I was always taught to never wear brown & black together.. that it was a huge 'no-no'.. but lately I've been seeing some celebrities (mostly Jessica Simpson) carrying a monogram canvas LV bag with a completely black outfit. Is the whole brown & black thing okay now?

Just wondering what all of you thought..
  2. To me, all the LV monos go with alot of colors, including black. I don't think it ever clash with clothings unless you're wearing a clown outfit. :p
  3. I almost always use my mono speedy when I go out in all black...which is almost every day...hmmmm...I need some color in my wardrobe!! :shrugs:
  4. i use to think the same thing about black/brown combo, but black goes really well w/ the mono and the damier. lv goes w/ anything!!!
  5. It would look great together!
  6. I normally wouldn't mix brown with black except with LV. That's why I love LV monogram bags. I think they go with everything!
  7. I use my mono speedy with black.. it looks good
  8. i think the black and browni s becomming more acceptable. i wear my mono with blck often
  9. ITA
  10. Yep, I think mono and damier go with virtually everything.
  11. This is brought up a lot. I think I am the only one that says I don't like it. There are so many better combos...jmho
  12. I always wear black, and I think the Mongram goes well with everything. From black skirts and pants to jeans Monogram goes with everything! Although, I am not a fan of sports clothing and LV... :cursing: :roflmfao:
  13. I think it looks good together.
  14. LV def goes well with black
  15. I'm old school. I just can't do momgram with an all black outfit. Damier maybe, but not mono. I'm saving for a black epi alma for the rare occasion I wear all/most black.