Mono or Damier for First Speedy?

1. Hi girls!

I finally took the plunge today and bought my FIRST LV!!! :yahoo: A damier speedy 30, made in france (lol, strangely that was important to me). I absolutely adore my new speedy...but now I'm beginning to think I should have purchased the Monogram instead :s

Will the damier be too dark in the summer? I do live in the summer doesnt last very long...

What do you guys think?
  2. I just bought my first lv on monday...also a MIF damier speedy 30! hehe :yahoo: i LOVE it. i think it looks so classy and timeless, regardless of season. i plan on carrying it allllllllllll the time for sure! the fact that i haven't seen one single person yet with the damier speedy just makes it more of a plus, though i definitely LOVE the mono also and had this exact same debate before i bought my damier...

did you get yours at copley, by any chance? if so....OT, how are the SAs there?
  3. I like the Speedy in Damier better, it's less common, less faked. And I know it's silly, but the upside down LV on Mono Speedies bother me.

Congrats on your 1st LV. Use it in good health.
  4. oooh yes! I got it at the LV counter at Saks though. I originally went to the copley boutique, but they didn't have MIF ones. I had Jason, he was very sweet. There wasnt many people there when I went though, so I only saw two active SAs including mine.
  5. I like the speedy in damier congratulations on yours.
  6. Congrats on your first LV! I think damier is perfectly lovely for your first speedy! You can always get mono in another design later. Congrats again!
  7. I have both versions but if I was buying for the first time, I would get the Damier 30!
  8. congrats on your purchase!
  9. First of all, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, you made a FABULOUS purchase. I have the damier azur (but a 25), and its my baby. Because of its unique colors (the damier and the azur line), its different, yet maintains its historic speedy style.

You have a wonderful bag and he got a new mommy who will treat him well very well.

10. Congrats. You have a fab bag.
  11. I don't think you made a mistake at all. I don't like the Monogram Canvas b/c I personally think that having a logo plastered all over the place is tacky. The Damier is much more discreet :smile:
  12. Congrats on your first LV and on the Damier 30! Great choice, you won't regret it. I also live in MA and I don't consider the damier a winter bag I consider it seasonless. :smile:
  13. its not silly! bleah!
  14. I think damier is nice b/c you don't have to take care of it as much as mono due to the vachetta...but i do feel that mono is more of a classic design on the speedy's than damier....and I'm biased cuz I have mono. haha...
  15. I think getting a Monogram Canvas Speedy would be good for your first LV. That way, you'll experience how to handle vachetta handles in the future. You shouldn't worry if Monogram Canvas is most faked... as long as YOU know it's real, that's all that matters. ;)