Moni Moni Bag

1. I just bought a Plum Splendor Bag that arrived today. When I searched the forum about these bags I read some good things and that some people had some problems with them as well.

I have to say that for the price I love the color and the leather on the bag. It is not a finished looking bag but has a much more worn look to it which I love. I won't worry about the bag wearing as it already looks worn. I can not get over how soft the handles are on the bag as well. I have some pics that I took so you can see the worn look to the bag upclose. I think it might help with any one that may be interested in getting the bag knowing what exactly vintage looking means up close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bag is a bit more deeper in color than the pics which were taken with out the flash in natural light. I did have one question for anyone who owns this bag. It does have a bit of a strong smell to it that has faded since I started to use it. I wanted to know if it will fade even more over time and with use?

2. I have a caramel spendor since Oct. and the color hasn't changed much, if anything it has gotten a bit darker. I love it and use the shoulder strap more often than I thought I would--with groceries, etc. I like having a bag I don't have to worry getting spotted or dirty, specially in winter. Hope you are happy with your Plum!

3. That's a great bag!!!! It looks like you could cuddle up with that leather.

4. That bag is so gorgeous! What a great find.

5. i love it.. i don't mind the distressed vintagey look. i wanted to get it till i read on the negative reviews on it. but now i'm having second thoughts again! great color btw.

6. i have the splendor in cappuccino. at first i was contemplating on the color, worrying it'd be too light and i'd get it dirty. ironically, it has become the bag that i use the most recently, despite all my other brown colored bags. i think the leather is great, the bag can hold a lot, and the shoulder straps + handles combo sure is convenient.

the plum looks great. i wanted to get the savana in grey.

the smell will fade some more as you use it. but personally i don't mind that smell. i love the smell of leather!

7. That bag is gorgeous! I love the plum colour and the studs on the handles are a nice touch.

8. The smell has faded with me using it for the last few days. I am glad to hear from those of you that have one that it will age well too. Everytime I pick it up I am surprised on how soft the handles are. The plum goes really well with so much too!!

9. The bag is beautiful! I've been curious about that line. Thanks for sharing!

10. I love that bag! It's gorgeous :heart:

11. What a gorgeous bag! I have to google Moni Moni Bags immediately!

12. I love it! Where did you get it? :smile:

13. I needed some new tassels for a Moni Moni I got off eBay (I think the original owner wasn't crazy about tassels and removed some). I contacted the MoniMoniGirl website and a great girl named Michelle helped me. I thought the color I needed was cappuccino, she sent me those, they were wrong (my fault), she said to please send a small snippet, which I did (I think the color is savanna grey, which is sort of a light taupe), and I got the correct ones from her! They were not cheap, specially since they are just strips of leather, but when you have to have something, you HAVE to have it! Michelle was great, went the extra mile for me and I really appreciated that. :yes: I would definitely give the Moni Moni staff an A+++. :love:

14. I bought mine at an online consignment shop. They had fantastic service as well. I am glad to hear that the staff is great as I like the bag enough that if they came out with some others colors I would be interested in another. I am not sure what season the plum was from. You could email them at Moni Moni and ask.

15. Gorgeous. Love the color and vintage look.:yes: