Money is tight but I want a new bag...suggestions!

1. Hi everyone!
    I'm here to seek some good advice from my fellow TPF'ers b/c I know you know your purses!
    I have been carrying the same bag for the past year and a half now, and I'm pretty sick of it. It's a Piero Guidi and is of very high quality. I think I got it for about $425. However, I can't really afford to do much more than that right now. I just got a new job and want to treat myself, but I still have a lot of bills to pay off. I was thinking of a Bottega Venetta, but I saw that the ones I like are around $600....and I can't afford that!
    My job is very casual. I wear jeans a little tops and sweaters most days, so I prefer something more on the informal side, but preferably leather.
    Also, I take the train to work and end up doing a lot of walking, so a convertible style with a hand strap and a shoulder strap as well would be great.
    Anyone have any suggestions for me in the $300 price range?
    Thanks!
    :heart:
    Crystal

2. If you're in the U.S., you might want to try TJ Maxx. I saw a lot of nice italian leather bags there yesterday. They were all around $200. Very unique styles.

3. i'd definitely check out hayden harnett at haydenharnett.com they have amazing bags, the leather is tdf and the price point is pretty good...also, check out lunaboston.com!

4. Are there any Hayden Harnett that interest you? Super quality purses - and fairly informal. Some great threads hanging around with PF members pics.
    They had an amazing sale a few weeks back - not much left - but they will be having a labor day sale...

(BTW - you might get better prices if you activate this link from this thread

5. Marc by Marc Jacobs makes bags in your price range. Plus, you can often find them on sale for less. Other brands in your range would be MICHAEL Michael Kors, DKNY, Dooney & Bourke, and Coach. All of these go on sale. I also agree that you should check out TJ Maxx or Marshalls if you have them in your area. They get some good stuff at great prices.

6. I would agree with the previous posters, Hayden Harnett are wuite popular here and I love Michael Kors bags, the leather is very nice.

7. Definitely look into Hayden Harnett and look at Tano too!

8. I have to throw in a good word for Bulga and Tano. Bulgas on sale can easily fall in your price range and their leather is absolutely yummy. Tanos are great, affordable, stylish bags.

9. I would consider a Furla, too (of course, as you can tell by my ID...haha). :idea:

You can often find them as much as 1/2 off at FurlaUSA.com or at Furla Stores, if you have one in your area. I have three and they are my FAVORITE bags (I also have 2 Botkiers, an Isabella Fiore and a Cole Haan that I love, but if you like soft, thick, quality, yummy pebbled elk leather and top quality workmanship, Furla is definitely worth considering, and the great thing is that they are high-class, functional, roomy Italian-made bags that you don't see on people every time you turn around (unlike Coach, which is getting out of control with the crazy designs, cheap workmanship, not-worth-it high prices and let's face it, every spoiled teenage girl seems to have the "latest" Coach or tacky over-monogrammed kitchy-version Dooney on her arm...no thanks). Oh, and all of my Furlas are shoulder bags, and their padded shoulder straps are the BEST...I swear you could put an anvil in that thing and the straps would still be totally painless on your shoulder...you almost can't feel them. I don't know how they do it...it's amazing. (So much so that I'm always handing my bag to my girlfriends saying "here, put this on your shoulder...you won't believe it..." haha!)

Botkiers are yummy, too...and you can get them for decent prices. In fact, at JCMadison.com, I just saw that they have the Sasha Pudding Satchel is on sale for $492, and I think you can get an add'l 20% off with code TOUTIE...definitely a sweet deal...I'm considering it myself!! (You can also sometimes find some new Botkiers on eBay for decent prices, so it's worth checking there, too)

Oh, and finally, I'll say that Cole Haan is pretty underrated on some of their bags...they have beautiful leather and classic, subtle designs. And for the quality, they're quite well-priced.

Good luck...I hope you treat yourself to something fun!

10. Although its hard to resist since you're itching to get a new bag, maybe since money is tight, you should set some money aside, and then add to it later and get something even more super!