Moisturizer for oily skin?

1. I was using La Prairie hydrating moisturizer with SPF but they discontinued it!! :cursing: It was nice. I tried to replace it with something else from them (anti-age emulsion with spf 30) but I think it's making me break out like crazy.

I just need something that is VERY lightweight, absorbs nicely into the skin, non greasy. It doesn't have to be cheap, I am willing to spend some money on it if it works. And no La Mer, that stuff breaks me out too.

Also right now I am using Skinceuticals retinol 0.5 at night, I like it but that other moisturizer I was using has interfered with its effects... do they have a good lightweight spf moisturizer?

thanks all

2. I recently bought Shiseido's Day Moisture Lotion. It's very light (bordering on watery) and has kept my oilies at bay. Make sure you get some samples beforehand, I've heard it makes some people break out. But it's worked fabulously for me! Oh and also, make sure it's the Light version (there's light, normal and enriched).

3. I feel your pain. Anything that doesn't work on my skin also makes me break out. My skin is so finnicky about what I put on it. Not only must everything be lightweight and offer spf, but it has to leave my skin feeling soft -- I don't want a gross, sticky face (I've given up on the idea of a perfect tinted moisturizer with spf because they don't really moisturize!).

To that end, I'd recommend The Body Shop's Vitamin E Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15

I go back to the The Body Shop's Vitamin E moisture lotion every time I decide to try out a new moisturizer and end up breaking out. Completely tried and true. It's very light, non-greasy, smells pleasant, and will make your skin soft.

4. Cetaphil with SPF moisturizer. works great. theres also neutrogena's ultra sheer sunscreen

5. I use Cetaphil as well. Love it!

6. If you have oily skin you don't really need a moisturizer. Mostly, we've all just been brainwashed by the beauty industry to think we all need moisturizers no matter what our skin type is, but that's simply not true. All you need is a sunscreen. :smile:

7. Someone else mentioned what I was going to type...which is a good thing with all the choices we have.

Sheisedo Day Moisture lotion is wonderful! My cousin lives in London and has beautiful skin which she credits to Sheisedo. I thought it was just a combo of good genes and the fact that London has less sunshine(or so it seems to me.) Finally she talked me into trying it..the Sheisedo counter and Sephora both gave me samples. I love it...what it does. Plus, it has such a nice smell. Once you try it repost and let us know what you think. I am the new president of their fan club.

8. If you're looking for the option of a tinted moisturizer, I can't rave enough about Amore Pacific's TM. It works great and just feels like "nothing" on my face.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod40320013&parentId=cat8080732&masterId=cat000339&index=2&cmCat=cat000000cat000285cat4830738cat000339cat8080732

The other moisturizer that I've really loved is by DDF:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42705&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3528

If you've got a NM by you with an Amore Pacific counter, ask for a sample--they're pretty generous. Also Sephora will make you a sample of the DDF so you can give it a test-run. If not, both stores have great return policies. Just keep the box and receipt.

9. I have two favorites recommended by my dermatologist and I have the oiliest skin on the planet: MD Elta and Skinceuticals.

10. ITA. Especially about the part where you try new moisturizers and then break out. I :heart: this moisturizer.

11. It's not a moisturizer, but I have oily skin and I love Neutrogena's Dry Touch sunscreen. This is the only sunscreen I can stand to have on my face. I rarely use moisturizer anyway since my skin is so oily.

12. Clarins Bright Hydrating Lotion with SPF...

13. I don't recommend wearing moisturizer during the day if you have oily skin, but if you want try La Mer oil absorbing lotion. It's wonderful:tup: Although I feel better with just sunscreen on my face during the day..but that's just my opinion. It makes my skin feel less oily. :push:

14. Try using Aveeno's Positively Radiant Moisturizer with SPF15. It's lightweight and non-greasy. It absorbs into the skin quickly. Ever since I used this moisturizer, my skin looks more bright and glowy.