Mogano first at diabro for 130.19! Ha!

Well you know if at least 20 of us tPFers ordered it, they must be out of stock!! I wondered though if they could just charge the $1300.00 ( as their others firsts are priced ) saying there was a mistake in the listing. They still couldn't have encough to go around I bet...let's see what happens.

Not out of stock yet, or at least not updating the site to say so. I just ordered one now. A little ashamed of myself, since I've never really wanted a first, but I couldn't pass up the deal in case they honor it...

i was just thinking about it, one time i went bowling, and it cost $36. But the receipt they gave me to sign from my CC was $3.60. I saw it but didn't say anything wondering what would happen. A few days later, I got 2 charges, $3.60, and then $32.40. I was wondering if they are allowed to charge me the difference if I don't sign a receipt, apparently they can. However, I also wonder if I complained and I had the receipt copy that I signed, if I could've argued my way out of it.

Not out of stock yet, or at least not updating the site to say so. I just ordered one now. A little ashamed of myself, since I've never really wanted a first, but I couldn't pass up the deal in case they honor it...

I feel the same way. So I won't be too disappointed if they don't honor it (which I don't think they can/will).

i was just thinking about it, one time i went bowling, and it cost $36. But the receipt they gave me to sign from my CC was $3.60. I saw it but didn't say anything wondering what would happen. A few days later, I got 2 charges, $3.60, and then $32.40. I was wondering if they are allowed to charge me the difference if I don't sign a receipt, apparently they can. However, I also wonder if I complained and I had the receipt copy that I signed, if I could've argued my way out of it.

Thats a bit scary. I was going to put one through too for a laugh, but my CC doesnt have enough funds at the moment if they decide to charge the FULL amount.

Glad I stopped myself!

Good morning from Australia. It's 8:45am in Tokyo...Website still not updated. I just ordered one and it has already gone through!

Perhaps this is not a mistake after all?

It is illogical for a business to take that kind of hit. Now, due to the obvious error in the posted price and the fact that it allows you to actually process a purchase at that price the merchant will likely contact the individuals who ordered and make them aware of the error (not that we don't know!) and give them a chance to buy at the correct retail price. This isn't a little 1-2% math error....this is 90% below retail....

The real question is...how long will it take to get the $130 back if you cancel the order at regular retail...? Not that I'm suggesting the merchant would keep it out of spite or anything.

I was just thinking about this post. When you go through the checkout process online, you get to see the exact amount, then you click on the "checkout" button - hence authorising them to deduct the said amount from your credit card.

Legally, they can't turn around and charge you $1200 for something you legitimately paid $130 for...

Perhaps in your case, bgyoshi, the shipping amount that you "authorised" was, in fact, $36...That's why they could legally make the adjusted charge to your credit card???

Would I be correct in saying this???:confused1:

I don't think they're allowed to charge you the difference automatically. If they do, one can do a chargeback asking for an authorized receipt from the merchant. If they could not provide one with a $1300 charge, they will lose and have to reverse it. That's what I think, anyway from my experience.