Modern-looking pearl jewelry

1. I have pearl jewelry that I don't wear too often because they're kind of dressy or classic pieces. I've been looking for pearl jewelry that can be worn more casually. What do you think about these pieces?

[​IMG]
    John Hardy - $690

[​IMG]
    Jude Frances - $1,060

[​IMG]
    Konstantino Treasures - $440

[​IMG]
    David Yurman - $390

[​IMG]
    David Yurman - $550

[​IMG]
    John Hardy - $495

2. [​IMG]
    David Yurman - $550

[​IMG]
    David Yurman - $525
    [​IMG]
    Jude Frances - $2,160

[​IMG]
    John Hardy - $590

[​IMG]
    John Hardy - $1,750

3. [​IMG]
    David Yurman - $1,650

[​IMG]
    David Yurman - $425

[​IMG]
    Lagos - $595

4. [​IMG]

I LOVE this necklace ..... John Hardy - $1,090

[​IMG]
    Gurhan - $3,420

[​IMG]
    Lagos - $895

5. [​IMG]
    John Hardy - $450

[​IMG]
    Roberto Coin - $750

[​IMG]
    Konstantino Treasures - $435

6. [​IMG]
    David Yurman - $390

[​IMG]
    David Yurman - $1,350
    [​IMG]
    David Yurman - $2,750

[​IMG]
    KC Thompson - $3,495

7. I love this...
    [​IMG]

And this:love: ...

[​IMG]

8. For more casual, jeans kinda use, I like to wear my 13mm pearl studs. They're not too small and not overly huge. I think what's more important is the luster. I also think that simple pearl strands are great and easy to dress up or down depending on the outfit. South sea pearls are always nice:love:

9. :nuts: Of all the pieces you showed us, this is my favorite! I never thought I was much of a pearl person, but this is really contemporary and stylish IMO. Where do you find this designer?

10. Kat, I love all of those...I love pearls with silver. I personally use them a ton in my designs. Thanks for posting the pics...always looking for inspiration! Did you pick something?

11. Cool stuff!

12. Those are pretty cool. I think my favorite earrings are the John Hardy - $1,750.

I love pearls. When I first started making jewelry I couldn't stand them...not sure why. But now...I am drowning in the pearls I have purchased in the last year.

That reminds me, I promised my little cousin a double strand, white pearl necklace for helping me at my show this weekend. She is a brand new intern and wants something classy to wear with all her new work clothes. =D

13. I don't wear a lot of gold so I'd probably make something like this for myself in silver but I LOVE this necklace!

14. Ladies, can you please enlighten this novice what's the difference between freshwater pearls and coin pearls? Thanks. :smile:

Megan, I think Kelly Meeker's jewelry looks stunning online. Have you seen any of her work in real life?

http://www.kellymeekerdesigns.com/35.htm