Modern Chain E/W tote - new leather VS old.

H_addict

H is for HOCKEY
O.G.
Jan 29, 2006
What do you think? Is the new grazed caviar more durable than last season's leather? I am thinking of getting one of the E/W totes but know nothing about the type of leathers. Should I get an older leather on eBay or do I wait my turn @ CHANEL and get the glazed one? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:smile:

P.S. If there is a thread discussing similar topic, could you point me in the right direction. Thanx!:heart:

I love the leather and hardware on the older version but have not seen the glazed caviar IRL to give a fair opinion. I personally feel you can't go wrong with either. The leather on my grey fall 06 MC has a nice finish, not glazed but not dull either. The bag always gets a lot of nice comments when we go out together.

If I could afford the n/s glazed MC in dark brown I'd be on the wait list at Nordstrom but alas, it is not in my budget this season. The MC is a great tote in either style (n/s or e/w).

I love the leather and hardware on the older version but have not seen the glazed caviar IRL to give a fair opinion. I personally feel you can't go wrong with either. The leather on my grey fall 06 MC has a nice finish, not glazed but not dull either. The bag always gets a lot of nice comments when we go out together.

ITA with Roey.

Here's some close up pics of the MC leather from 06.

MCleather1.JPG
MCleather2.JPG
MCleather5.JPG

Here's a close up of this years tote, taken with a flash, which makes it look bad, now that I look at it. It's prettier than this.

Attachments

• mc-with-flash.jpg
    mc-with-flash.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 115
I think I might prefer the old one, I like the more tarnished looking hardware though. Also, one thing I love about my 06 tote and hobo in particular are the veins in the leather (like the pic above).