MJ Stella wanted!

The only Stellas for sale retail right now are white (NM and BG both have the white reissue on their websites). I don't know if the Stella style will be done again this fall, but it is a "classic" and there may be more, probably in a classic color (like black).

Ebay is a good idea, BUT the Stella is a WIDELY FAKED BAG. Please, please check with some friends here on the boards before bidding on anything, I don't want you to pay $$$$ for a fake.

If you post an auction that looks good, I will be glad to have a look. I own 4 (!) Stellas, one in the original brass buckle style, two "new Stellas" with the pushlocks, and a white "reissue" with brass buckles.

Good luck!

Here is an auction for an authentic "Stella reissue", in the pale yellow/butter color that was exclusive, I believe to Saks.

I would expect the reserve to be over $700, at the very least. It looks beautiful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-NWT-MARC-JACOBS-LIMITED-EDITION-STELLA-BAG-FAB_W0QQitemZ6877683047QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's the only authentic bag I found doing a very quick scan on ebay. I will see if I can find any more.

Looked again, I think that is the only authentic current auction. For those doubting the prevalence of fakes, my search returned 33 auctions, all but one are fake. Let's see, 32/33 = 0.97, or about 97% fake.

Look's like my "99% fake" assertion wasn't too far off.

Janicemph said:
How can you tell it is a fake handbag?

For the particular auction that you listed, there are many giveaways:

(1) Attachment of Marc Jacobs tags are incorrect - there will be a plastic attachment piece (that cannot be reattached and attached) on the thread linking the tag the handbag.

(2) The price is ridiculously low for a bag that retails at over $1000.

(3) The shape of the zip pocket above the pushlock pockets is wrong. Compare with this bag, which is authentic:

NML5218_mn.jpg

[imagine from Neiman Marcus online]

There are other things. If you could compare the font on the hardware carefully with an authentic bag, you could see differences, as well.