MJ Stam...is it worth all the hype?

1. Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I really enjoy reading what everyone has to say. I am REALLY thinking about getting the MJ Stam but I'm scared it's going to be so over starting next year (althought I'm loving that inky blue color). I'm 5'1 so I think the bag might be a little to large for it as well. :s

I know a lot of you bag-lovers have it, want it, or your hiding it. Please let me know. Thanks!
  2. Well my mum and I are both 5ft 2 so small and we have the stam, we love it so much. Ive been told its going to be a classic, so it will never really go out. Even if it did i wouldnt care. I still use my bags even though there not in 'Vogue' anymore. If you really want one, get one, there so gorgeous in person.
  3. I like my MJ Stam and I consider it a classic. I think they will keep making it and if they don't, I will own a very rare bag later in the future:p. I'm 5'3" and it is pretty huge for a bag, but I never see it as an issue. Even though this bag looks very classy, you can pretty much match it with any outfit. Well, maybe not work out outfit, but if you wear something casual it will go fine.

The downside of this bag, it's heavy! It's even heavier if you put the chain on. But don't let the weight scare you. You just gotta be smart what you put in there.

My advice, go to your local dept store that carries Marc Jacobs Stam and try it on. See if you like it.
  4. The original Stam (frame, not its spinoffs) is worth all the hype. I see it as a classic.
  5. I really like the stam. It is a very classy looking bag. I saw one for the first time IRL, and it is just beautiful. I think that MJ will continue to make the stams for many more seasons to come.
  6. I have to say yes! I have a putty stam and it is one of the most beautiful bags I own. It's such a classy style that you can dress down or up. I think you should go for it!
  7. The original Stam will be here for at least 2 more seasons. There are so many variations of Stam in Spring 2007: Quilted Classic, Patchwork, Patchwork Metallic, Patchwork Python, Canvas, etc...