MJ Stam Information Wanted

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Okay experts...this old lady finally got to Neimans today to see what bag hit her. The winner out of the small selection they had was the stam. So, I have some questions for you all.

1)What is the problem with the kiss lock that I read so much about and should I stay away from this bag?

2)Is there any sign that the cloth interior will be any other color in the coming season(s). I swear that light color kills me.

3)Anyone heard if the HW will come in silver in bags in the future

I am out of the loop and spend too much time in the Hermes forum, so I know none of this. Please help.

Would you say buy this bag?

I am out of the loop and spend too much time in the Hermes forum, so I know none of this.

Glad you came over to the dark side. :tender:

I think bag.lover, Sick4Marc and Jill are your best bests to answer this question.

We are glad you are here.

That was a real sweet welcome coachwife! I spend a ton of time in Hermes, but I am a believer it is not the only designer label out there!!! BUT I KNOW NOTHING OF MJ!!! So, I await help.

As for the stam, I love it. My putty stam gets plenty of complements. The kiss lock issue seems to be fixed and I have never had a problem with my kiss lock. I have had my stam since january. As for the interior, my interior is blue suede. The reason I haven't gotten another stam is because of the cream interior. I have heard that he is going to continue the canvas lining because it makes the bag lighter (I see no difference in the two). However, he may use different colors on the inside. I have no idea on that one.

Hope I helped you. :smile:

You did elongreach! Thank you. Hope the color interior changes a bit.

I'll see if anyone ele has something to add.

ONE MORE THING...Does the Stam just come in two sizes? Can you give me an idea of the measurements? The SA was clueless when he helped me.

1)What is the problem with the kiss lock that I read so much about and should I stay away from this bag?

Elongreach replied.

2)Is there any sign that the cloth interior will be any other color in the coming season(s). I swear that light color kills me.

MJ switched all his quilted bags from suede linings to cream canvas linings.

3)Anyone heard if the HW will come in silver in bags in the future

Nope. Always been gold HW for Stam (shiny & antiqued HW), HW is shiny this season.

Would you say buy this bag?

If you love it & see yourself carrying it, go for it! =)
The primary concern people have with Stam is its weigh, it's certainly not a light bag. Wonderful Cilifene compared it to Hermes Birkin recently. =)

Hermes Birkin 1,0 kilo
Stam alone 1,1 kilo ...the chain 0,4 kilo

What color do you have in mind? =)

Kellybag said:
ONE MORE THING...Does the Stam just come in two sizes? Can you give me an idea of the measurements?

Kellybag, there are different spin-offs of Stam. To many bag lovers, Stam is still the nicest looking style though.

Stam: 16 x 11 x 6"
Little Stam: 12.5 x 8.5 x 3.5"
E/W Stam: 14.5 x 7.5 x 6.5"
Stam Hobo: 14 x 13 x 5.5"

Baglover you are amazing! I have only seen the black, but I am going to research on here and see what colors are available. I am concerned about the weight as well, but if you like the bag what can you do?

jag said:
I knew it was just a matter of time! GO FOR IT KB!! I love MJ bags, and the stam is just beautiful!

I finally shopped! Believe that? NM by me had hardly any bags...Saw the Stam and it was heavy. Guess it will give me practice for when that birkin in togo arrives.

Exactly! You need to build up those arm muscles to carry off that birkin, especially if you end up with a 35cm!!! So the way I see it, the Stam is your training bag! It's a necessity! LOL!!!

Kellybag said:
Baglover you are amazing! I have only seen the black, but I am going to research on here and see what colors are available. I am concerned about the weight as well, but if you like the bag what can you do?

I know the colors that are floating around right now are black, mouse, and cashew. I think there is another color, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

elongreach said:
I know the colors that are floating around right now are black, mouse, and cashew. I think there is another color, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Recent colors include Black, Bronze, Camel, Mouse, Chestnut, Cashew.
I'm sure that I saw 2 different Blacks this season (at various Nordstrom in Southern CA), they must be from different batches. The 1st Black has a little bit of shine to it (not quite Icy leather), I find it very nice. The 2nd Black is very matte, it has no shine to it at all (too dull to me).

elongreach said:
which color is the one with the different color stitching? I can't stand that color. Is that Cashew?

Yup, it's Cashew. I like the color of the leather (milk chocolate), but hated the contrast stitching!!!! I'm sorry if anyone here likes it.