MJ sophia

1. Hey guys, I have a question about MJ sophia. How many buckle holes on the strap? Thanks.

2. Just happen to have mine at work today....first time I have carried it!

There are five pairs of holes on the strap, each pair spaced about an inch apart along the length of the strap.

3. o No, where did u get urs? I'm bidding on sophia bag from eBay right now and she said there are three ajustable holes for each side. she has riri zipper and everything. does this mean it's fake? first time buying from eBay,,I'm bummed.

4. I thought there are 3 pairs of holes on each side of the adjustable shoulder straps. Is it too early for me? It's eight-ish in CA. =)

Post the link to the listing or pictures, some members here will help you authenticate it.

5. All my Sophias have three pairs of holes/grommets (one each end of the strap), not five...I've seen a few with five on eBay and figured those were not genuine...perhaps just recently some were produced with five? Enlighten me, please? Never saw any with five in the stores...except maybe the "calf skin" buckle pocket bags last season, if memory serves...

6. Same with what Sick4Marc just said. The most recent Sophias I came across are Sophias LE at NM -- they all have 3 pairs of holes on each end of the strap.

[All my Sophias have three pairs of holes/grommets (one each end of the strap), not five...I've seen a few with five on eBay and figured those were not genuine...perhaps just recently some were produced with five? Enlighten me, please? Never saw any with five in the stores...]

7. Hey Sick4Marc. You're back! Yah!!!!

8. My older Sophias also have 3 sets of holes on each side.

9. The bag I have (which I am not sure if it is fake or not) has 5 sets of holes on each side and the Lampo zippers.

10. Wow, Thx for this post Clover. I thought I knew what I was talking about when I responded to your post this morning. But seeing all the responses has me wondering. Having taken a closer look at my bag, it has 5 sets of grommets on each end of a single, flat (not rolled) shoulder strap. It has Lampo zippers. I bought it at Neiman Marcus in Atlanta in June, so I don't think it's fake (better not be), but maybe it's not the Sophia? The attached link shows a picture. Can anyone tell me the name of my bag?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod17060100&parentId=cat5010737&masterId=cat6920731&index=24&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat6920731cat5010737

11. Katiesue, if your bag is the same as the ones in the link you provided, then it's Sophia LE. =) Please don't feel like we try to say that you are wrong.

Slick4Marc, are we remembering the details wrong? Now that I see the pictures at NM online, I am thinking whether I thought there are 3 pairs b/c the 3rd pairs of holes are usually used. Everyone, I'm sorry if my re-collection is incorrect. I'm getting old & staring to forget lots of things. .

If you own a Stella/Sophia, please post your info (3 or 5, where/when you got yours from).

12. Katiesue-
    Yours is a LE Sophia.

13. Mine are from 2 years ago, from MJ boutique in SF. 3 sets of grommets.

14. Thanks for all the feedback and help! I'm kinda new at this "upscale" bag thing, and wasn't sure I had the correct name for the bag. By the way, there is a link to an ebay page, in the "Authenticate" thread that shows lots of Sophia's with three sets of grommets, so 3 or 5 must be possible. One other thing I noticed, the bottom of the outside pockets appears to be sewn "tight" into the bottom seam in the Authenticate thread, but mine have a gusset, more like a sofa cushion, if that makes sense. You can sort of see it in the picture of the white bag in my previous post. The link below is to the Ebay info page.

http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=vogue1966

15. Well, sort of...I'm sneaking in (excruciatingly busy - can only pop in a sec here and a sec there...and then there's the PHH at home, who thinks there are better uses for my time...) :rolleyes: Glad to be missed!