MJ Elise or Venetia

1. Hi girls,

I bought a MJ Elise a few months ago and though I do like it, I'm not completely in love with it. It's a bit too small to fit everything that I carry to work on a daily basis so I'm thinking about returning it and getting a Venetia instead. I have a shoulder bag as a work bag right now so I'm hesistant to switch to one that I have to carry in my hand/arm. However, the Venetia doesn't seem to be that heavy right? What do you all think? Which one do you all like better? Should I make the switch?

2. can you fit the venetia on your shoulder? i think it's be a nice, classy alternative to the elise personally :yes:

3. You might want to go somewhere and try a venetia on first, b/c not everyone can fit them over their shoulders comfortably. I can, unless I have a jacket on, and then I can't. The venetia can tend to be heavy too...but you get used to it after a while. She's so pretty it's worth it! :sweatdrop:

4. i personally would go with the venetia.....i would get a newer one if i'm worried about heaviness as the newer ones have canvas and not suede insides. also, i can't fit the venetia over my shoulder (if you get a newer one they come with a chain) but i don't mind using it as a carry bag.

good luck and let us know what you decide

5. a venetia is devine, I can carry mine over my shoulder!! elegant bag!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I can't fit the venetia over my shoulder if I have a jacket on, but it fits if I just have a shirt/sweater. It's very roomy as well, and would probably work much better for you if the Elise is too small.

7. sounds like venetia will work better for you. i can put it on my shoulder as my arm is like a twig. however, i prefer the smaller size of the elise. haha =)

8. The Venetia would be a better fit for you but I love the Elise, I think it's soo pretty esp. in the quilted version.

9. It sounds like the Venetia would be a better fit for you. I love my quilted Elise but I don't use it nearly as much as my Venetia due to the size.

10. Thanks for all your opinions! I love being able to discuss things with fellow tPFers. I think my bf would go nuts if I kept asking him questions like these all day! I ended up returning the Elise, and I'm contemplating getting a Venetia. I just bought the MJ Peet in grey though, so not sure when I can get enough funds to buy the Venetia, but it's definitely on the wish list!

11. Love that Peet!! ^^

12. This is probably way off track, but have you considered a Christy? I have one and I absolutely love it. It is quite roomy and very light and comfortable to carry as a shoulder bag. The pockets on the front are very convenient and overall I think it is a very elegant looking bag!:smile:

13. Definitely get the Venetia! I love that bag, and it sounds like it will fit your needs much better.

14. I love the Venetia and bought one awhile back but realized that I definitely need one that goes over the shoulder. I never carry the ones that you can only hold in your hand. So, if that's a big consideration for you, you might want to get a different bag like the Blake.