MJ Bags - are they heavy?

1. Hi there,

I was wondering if you could tell me if MJ bags are on the heavier side to carry around on a daily basis?

I am looking at the shoulder bags, Jane in particular. I don't usually weigh my bags down, but I want to know if the bag is heavy to begin with.

I would appreciate any and all input on this.

2. It depends on what you're accustomed to...
    After using MJs for awhile now, I wouldn't consider them heavy. If you're used to Balenciaga or LV, however, then they are much heavier because they're more structured.
  3. ^ I agree. Having become accustomed to how MJ bags weigh, it's refreshing to use any one of my lighter bags (Balenciaga, LV, etc).
  4. yes they are heavy, my small mutlipocket is very heavy, and i carry less stuff in it then i do in my damier speedy 30, it's because of the leather and the hardware
  5. Thank you all for responding. Well, I guess I just have to get used to it then!!

6. Hi there

I bought a MJ Christy hobo bag this spring(below), loved it but had to return it to the store because it was so heavy and it really hurt my shoulder after a couple of hours - its leather lined and I think that's the problem.
  7. Yes they are a bit heavy. I don't even want to think about carrying one of MJ's bags with the chain strap(ouch!).

8. I think the suede lined ones are heavier by far ... but I love the luxury of a suede interior, so I put up with it.
  9. Yep, they're heavy. The most I can stand as an everyday bag is a sophia bag - a stella will kill you.
  10. ^ Yup..they're heavy.....I put up w/ it b/c I love them!!!

11. I agree that they're a bit challenging, but it's b/c of the luxury of the quality hardware and having suede linings ...which all of mines have.
    :smile: I actually weighed my Quilted MP and even with the chain strap it was less than 2lbs. Plus, I don't really wear my bags for extended times though, they're mostly in my lap on in the passenger seat of my car.
  12. Yes, I do find that the bags are heavy. I did have to get used to them, but I do also try not to overload the bags so they don't hurt my choulder. Also, the bags that are lined with leather are heavier.
  13. Thank you all for your replies. I guess I just have to grin and bear it. I wonder if the wider straps make a difference though in how cumbersome the bag can get.

In any case, I guess I will find out for myself when the bag gets here. It is a color I have wanted for a long time and I like how the bag looks, so I hope I can get past the weight and enjoy the bag. :yes:

Thanks again for all your input. You guys are amazing. :rochard:

14. hmmm...maybe i'm used to heavier bags now? i've been carrying my stella more lately, and i don't find it that heavy at all. the suede lining does add more weight, i'm sure, but it also gives the bag more structure.

my bbag would have to be my lightest bag, but because the leather is so soft, it tends to be so slouchy that it makes it difficult for me to get in and out of.
  15. i definitely have to think about which bag to carry for certain events where i won't be able to set anything down