Mixing LV and Hermes?

1. I am hoping to get my first LV soon, actually in December when I will be in Vegas and can check out the boutiques. I am leaning towards getting a damier Speedy (I love, love, love the Mirage, but I think I need to ease into this :smile:). I have seen some talk of tying a scarf around it. I was thinking of something like an Hermes twilly. What do you all think of this? I was thinking something in bright colors for contrast. Is this okay or a fashion faux pas?

Also, how do the Speedy 25 and 30 compare in size? I am leaning towards going with a smaller bag, since I usually use shoulder bags and the Speedy will be a bit of a change for me, but I am wondering how much it will fit.

Thanks for the help!

2. If you do a search, you'll find lots of pics with decorated Speedies and 25 vs 30 size comparisons. I think I saw someone's speedy with an Hermes twilly on it, too. IMO scarves on bags look great!

BTW, I own several speedies, one in 25 & the rest 30. I think it all depends on personal taste & how much you carry. I'm a packrat so the 25 is when I'm lightening up & the 30 is for everyday when I have to schlep all my "essentials".

3. I don't like scarves on speedy bags, but that's just me. I like them plain. The speedy 30 is a great bag!!

4. The speedy 30 is great. I think an Hermes Scarf would look great on it.

5. i think it will be a great combo. it will be eye catching

6. damier speedy 25! that was my first LV, too, and it was from Las Vegas! LV from LV! hehe, sorry. anywho, it's a perfect first LV and a scarf could be cute!

7. I like the idea of mixing LV and Hermes, and I've seen many members already mix LV with items from other brands, such as Juicy or Coach charms.

Myself, I'm dying to get a Hermes Crocodile keycharm.. to hang from my soon-to-come LV Congo PM for a giggle! :graucho:

8. Love LV... Love Hermes!!! ;)

9. Congrats on your "ponderation". May I suggest an orange scarf to compliment the Damier?

10. Thanks for the replies, everyone. Wow - I didn't realize how many comparisons there have been of the Speedy 25 and 30 on here! I think I will hold out until I am in Vegas and can go to the boutique (or more than one boutique!) and compare in real life, since there are a lot of pros and cons of each. It's just as well that I wait a little while anyway - I've been on kind of a purse buying spree lately and it's getting a little expensive! I'm also glad to hear that using an Hermes scarf with the bag is "accepted." I like the idea of an orange scarf - I think something bright and cheerful would be fun next to a sort of dark bag.

11. It's OK to mix...although to avoid 'logo clash' try to find a twilly that does not say Hermes all over it!!! That is a little too much designer overload IMHO!

12. Be sure to post photos of your combo....
    Hermès makes some of the most beautiful scarves I've ever seen....
    so you can't go wrong !!!!!

13. I do it all the time. Not a problem.

14. Definitely! No logo overloads, that would be too much.

15. Here's a pic of my pont neuf with a Hermes scarf

[​IMG]