Miu Miu Coffer - Over and Done or Classic?

That's a shame, especially when this is not a small investment. But unless it bothers you tremendously, I would keep the purse if you like the color and the soft lambskin leather since (1) the staining will be inevitable with light colors and (2) the stain around the ring probably won't be easily noticed by others due to its location. I'm not sure if there are many differences between the SoHo and the 57th St. boutiques. They seem to carry pretty much the same products/colors. (I recently checked 57th St. boutique for Coffer and they only had a few colors in lambskin leather.)

Yes, you are right, the NY miu miu boutique don't carry that much of colors for the Medium coffer, I already checked with both stores, right now they only have black, white and light purple.

That's a shame, especially when this is not a small investment. But unless it bothers you tremendously, I would keep the purse if you like the color and the soft lambskin leather since (1) the staining will be inevitable with light colors and (2) the stain around the ring probably won't be easily noticed by others due to its location. I'm not sure if there are many differences between the SoHo and the 57th St. boutiques. They seem to carry pretty much the same products/colors. (I recently checked 57th St. boutique for Coffer and they only had a few colors in lambskin leather.)

new to me - cocco coffer!

(color didn't quite photograph right, it's really more of a brown)

gunnison4th2012038.jpg

Okay so this hasn't been updated in years but it seemed the best spot for my question. Do you still feel this is a classic bag? It is at the top of my wishlist but I'm debating buying one simply because I never see them and worry they may look a bit dated. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Definitely not trendy. I love it. I got one for an incredible price at a high-end consignment shop but had to sell it later due to financial hardship and I'm kicking myself. It was an awesome bag in incredible shape. Get one and hang onto it!

I had one on my wish list too and managed to buy a black pre loved in mint condition for a very good price last year. I think it's very versatile and still looks great today. Go for it! I like that other people aren't all holding the same bag as you :smile:

Definitely not trendy. I love it. I got one for an incredible price at a high-end consignment shop but had to sell it later due to financial hardship and I'm kicking myself. It was an awesome bag in incredible shape. Get one and hang onto it!

I had one on my wish list too and managed to buy a black pre loved in mint condition for a very good price last year. I think it's very versatile and still looks great today. Go for it! I like that other people aren't all holding the same bag as you :smile:

Thank you both! I wasn't sure this would get any responses. I think I will keep it on my list. I do like having bags that you don't see everywhere as well :smile:

There are a couple going very cheaply one say at the moment if you didn't want to make a big investment but wanted to try it out? I don't know if I'm aloud to post the link to them?

There are a couple going very cheaply one say at the moment if you didn't want to make a big investment but wanted to try it out? I don't know if I'm aloud to post the link to them?

I'm not sure if we can post links or not but there are two I am following on eBay right now if that is what you mean :smile:

I'm not sure if we can post links or not but there are two I am following on eBay right now if that is what you mean :smile:

Oh gosh I should really read back what I'm writing shouldn't I! Sometimes easier said than done with my 18 month old climbing all over me and trying to touch the iPad! Yes ebay is what my gibberish was on about!

I had the soia coffer (which is light yellowish tan) and i thought it absoutely beautiful. Before I bought it, I was already aware of the problems with light colored coffers - mainly the color transfer and oxidation of the metal rings onto the leather. I thought I could handle it. BUT I was wrong. I ended up letting that beautiful coffer go. :crybaby: I noticed the leather around the metal rings (by the straps) was already darkening - rapidly, and the bag already had smudges on the leather. I freaked out! It already had signs of wear within 1 week of ownership, and I had not even used it!

I think owning a light colored coffer requires a strong stomach. I didn't have what it took. :sad:

So tempted to get the mughetto currently on Ann's Fabulous Finds, but terrified of what I am reading. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your bag.

I think you can post links on the deals and finds thread.
I myself am looking for a preloved coffer but I am just worried about the weight...