Missing silver stud on MP - anyone dealt with this?

1. So one of the little silver studs on my MP popped off, and I need to get it replaced. You can see the attached pic (it's kinda far away, but it's the top stud).

Anyway, I was fiddling with it last night, and it looks like it's not just ornamental...it helps to secure the large silver hoop that the shoulder strap is attached to. Does this make sense? It's not just stuck onto the outside, but has an actual structural purpose.

Because of this, I want to make sure it's replaced properly.

Has anyone dealt with this? Should I call the MJ boutique and ask for a referral? Or should I send the bag directly to MJ?

TIA!

Large Marc Jacobs Multi Pocket 006.jpg
  2. I haven't had experience with that particular problem but I've had experience sending things back to the MJ store for repair. They 100% will fix it and will be very nice about it!!!

3. i have this problem with my christy (the yoga bag collaboration with nuala). it's missing two studs. the leather is holding the straps (and the large silver hoop you mention) in place, so it is still functional if not entirely attractive. i would go to wherever the bag was originally purchased and show them your receipt. i've heard that Nordstrom is super nice about repairs, even if the bag isn't purchased in store

4. aww MPJ...you're having some bad luck lately with bags!! i hope you get it fixed!! *hugs*

5. ^^^This one isn't bad luck so much as I knew it going in...and figured it wasn't too big a deal. I got a KICK ASS deal on the bag...so I'm fine with paying to have it repaired.

I'm just not sure if MJ will take it for repairs if I don't have the receipt. I'm going to call a really reputable cobbler in Chevy Chase tomorrow (Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, and Gucci recommended him) and see what he can do. Hopefully he can do it himself.

6. I have not experienced this. But I wanted to wish you good luck on the repair.

7. My small MP has the same problem, could you please let me know how you get on. still seems ok tho, the little stud sort of falls out and I just push it back in.
    good luck hope you can get it fixed.

8. I forgot to call today...but when I find out, I'll definitely let you know.

9. I returned a white Sophia a couple of years ago when the first time I carried it, I noticed the same thing happened. Yesterday, I was carrying my zebra print hair calf Venetia (which I've hardly carried at all) and noticed one of the gold studs appears loose, so guess I may have to have it repaired --it was purchased when it first came out at NM, so guess I'll give then a call.
    Does anyone know how long it will take, or had experience with sending one back for repair. The bag isn't available anymore, so there's no exchanging it.

10. Well I called the MJ repair line today (1-866-458-5534), and instead of leaving a message, I just emailed them (repairs@marcjacobs.com).

I'm hoping it will only take a few weeks...I know someone else here on the boards sent her bag back to MJ and it came back as good as new. I'll keep you guys updated.

11. I had my Wonder bag repaired for a missing stud. I got a 800 number from the MJ store in NYC - I believe the name of the company was/is Moda Express. Anyway, they did a great job! Got the bag back within a week and a half. But I have to admit I was nervous about parting with it, b/c I wasn't sure if it would ever come back! :sweatdrop:

12. I have not experienced this.

13. I think I updated this in another thread...but this place is the same that everyone else has sent theirs to, so I'm going to go ahead and send it in next week. I'm so nervous!!

14. MPJ, not again! I'm glad that it's nothing too terrible though. I think you can get this easily and quickly fixed at that reputable cobbler. I've had one pop out before too and mine fixed it in a jiffy. Not a difficult procedure at all.

15. thithi -- Oh, this one is okay, I knew about it (the seller gave me a discount on the bag because of it) going in, and figured it wasn't a big deal. I'll send it to MJ and they'll fix it for free, though!!

I'm loving my bag so much...even this can't put a damper on it. :heart: