Miss Teen USA 2007

1. Anyone watching this right now?

.........Why are they spinning around in circles as they annouce where they're from? :confused1:

Anyone got a fave yet? :p

2. Good GAWD I laughed so hard at North (?) Carolina's interview response. Poor girl. Most US of Americans don't know where the United States is because they don't own a map?? :roflmfao: And we should educate the South Africans, Iraqs and other Asian countries? :roflmfao::roflmfao:

3. ^ Seriously. Britney Spears didn't know where Australia was and thought Canada was overseas.

Dan Quayle, their sorry excuse for a Vice President stated the following at various stages of his career:

"Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here. "

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."

"It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."

4. i cringed as i watched her answer! that was soooo embarrising & it doesn't help now that it's on youtube. I have no clue how South Africa & Iraq have anything to do with the US Education! someone on the blogs said the most hilarious thing i heard today. they said she should have said "the US healthcare system is so bad that most people can't afford glasses and then so they can't see the USA on the map b/c it is so tiny!" :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

5. When I heard the answer about Americans not owning maps, I was so confused, I thought I had misheard the question or something. I was upset New Jersey didn't win, she was my favorite.

edsbgrl - i agree with the spinning, what was up with that? what idiot choreographer's idea was that?

6. ^^^^^^^^^

I still laugh when I recall that on TV !!

DUHHHHHH!

7. I missed that.

Just cked it out on youtube..........so embarassed for her. She was just rambling and nothing made sense. Oh Dear.:wtf:

8. So what did she end up placing? Where is South Carolina anyway? I'm a U.S. American and I don't have a map. At least my education is not as bad as in the South Africa or the Iraq.

9. I think she was 3rd runner up. She'll be on the Today Show this morning giving her "real" response - you know, since she misunderstood the original question :rolleyes:. This girl is more famous now than the actual winner.

10. Her response was hilarious! Saw her on Letterman. Couldn't stop laughing while I was trying to work out what she was trying to say... I too thought I'd misheard the question.

11. lol that was too funny....ugh how embarrassing. she was on the today show also which is on youtube too. she just laughed at herself what else can she do.

12. My spanish teacher was talking about this today at school. He was saying that she was told that some Americans can't locate the US on a map and she started talking about Africa and Iraq. He said he couldn't follow her. Maybe she got confused and thought the question was about US education.

13. Poor Miss South Carolina just got really flustered.

People can't find North America on a map because geography isn't as emphasized in schools as it used to be.