Books & Music Misheard Lyrics- Are you guilty?

I just found out that in Pink Floyd's "The Wall" they are actually saying "if you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding" when all this time I thought it was "if you don't kick your feet". I must admit that "eat yer meat" makes a lot more sense....

My all time favorite song is Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam. Now for the life of me I can not understand what by boyfriend Eddie is saying! So I make it up as I go along. Does anyone else sing songs wrong and think your right or is it just so messed up you don't even care and make it up as you go along?:jammin:

actually there are NO true lyrics to yellow ledbetter. eddie vedder himself makes up different ones every time he sings it,the first few lines and the chorus are the only ones that stay the same. I saw an interview with him and he said at the time he was always wasted and would just mumble stuff, I went to a concert in vegas about 5 yrs ago and the song was out of control with random words and lyrics, to funny. but if you ever sing it with someone everyones version is different and thats why, just a little PJ trivia :tup:

On another note dont laugh at me ya know the song temperture by sean paul, theres a line in there when he says I KEEP IT HOT LIKE A SAUNA, I swear he was saying I KEEP IT HOT LIKE LASAGNA, Im such a dork same with carlos santana and the guy from matchbox 20(? thomas) there was a line where he would say I could change, I thought he was saying pocketchange! I know Im such a dork who the heck sings about lasagna and pocket change!:roflmfao:

I'm so bad with following lyrics. I always hear dirty lyrics. LOL.

Sixpence None the Richer- Kiss Me

Actual lyrics:
Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing me upon its hanging tire

What I hear:
Kiss me down by the broken tree house
Swing Swing my bra is hanging tied

Feist- 1 2 3 4
At the end of the song, she keeps repeating "those teenage boys." What I hear is "f*ck teenage boys." I had to look that up because I thought :confused1:, they can't play that on the radio!

actually there are NO true lyrics to yellow ledbetter. eddie vedder himself makes up different ones every time he sings it,the first few lines and the chorus are the only ones that stay the same. I saw an interview with him and he said at the time he was always wasted and would just mumble stuff, I went to a concert in vegas about 5 yrs ago and the song was out of control with random words and lyrics, to funny. but if you ever sing it with someone everyones version is different and thats why, just a little PJ trivia :tup:

I know but if you go to the sites to get the words, they try to tell you what they are! All I've got out of it is "box or a bag" They were great when I saw them about 2 years ago, he went on forever with the song.:jammin: I just sang my little nonsensical heart out.

I'm so happy I am not the only one! DH makes up his own words all the time mostly on purpose! He has some funny ones. He sings ACDC's Dirty Deeds done dirt cheap as Dirty deeds done with sheep:nuts:. I think he heard it some where and now that is the only way he'll sing it. Who can forget Joey from Friends version of Tiny Dancer! Hold me closer Tony Danza:roflmfao: Love it!
I totally thought that that he was singing Tony Danza when I was a kid. I have mentioned this to other people, and they thought this as well too! LOL

For years I thought the Aerosmith song was "Do the lucky lady", until a co-worker picked herself off of the floor because she was laughing so hard, and told me the title of the song was "Dude looks like a lady":nuts:

Anyone else make a fool of themselves by walking around and singing the wrong lyrics?

i am famous for this. for almost my whole life i thought that neil diamond's 'forever in blue jeans' was 'reverend in blue jeans'. i was in COLLEGE when i found out the real lyrics.

Last edited:
From Panic at the Disco's But It's Better If You Do:

Now I'm of consenting age to be forgetting you in a cabaret.
Somewhere downtown where a burlesque queen may even ask my name

(I always thought it was "A burlesque queen named Enid asks my name.")