Miracle Matignon

AzureCloud

Dec 14, 2007
Just wanted to share my story, as I know those regulars in this forum thread do love our Goyards. I had saved up for quite some time to get my perfect wallet, the Goyard Matignon. I lost it almost a month ago while walking back from lunch, not knowing I had lost it until the end of the day when I hopped on the train to go home and didn't find my wallet in my bag. As you can imagine, I was devastated. Take all my cards, my cash, but give me my wallet back! I tried to get over it, but still missed it wistfully. Every other wallet I looked to replace it just wasn't the same -- the lining inside the Matignon was leather and high quality canvas. I found that even in the Chanel wallets, the interior is lined with fabric.

Last week, I received a letter from the police department near my office, informing me that they might have my wallet and to come and claim and identify. I was nearly in tears, but also expecting the worse. What if my Matignon had been through hell and back? I got to the police station, where the attendant pulled my wallet out of a paper bag stapled shut. I intently waited as she opened the bag, pulled out my wallet, which looked *intact*! I opened it, and everything was still in there -- the cash I had just withdrew before I lost my wallet, all my cards and gift cards.

I can't thank the person who returned my wallet enough, whoever you are. Thank you so much for reuniting me with my Matignon. I promise to not neglect her! May your good deeds send wonderful things your way :heart:

photostream

PenelopeB said:
What a wonderful story. And that wallet!! its totally on my hit list!
thanks so much for sharing your story, it truly is one in a million.

PenelopeB, I know there have been many posts on the best zip up wallet and I'd say this one and the LV zippy. I went with this one cuz I already had an overload of LV wallets, and like I said, the quality does not disappoint :smile: