mini vacation suggestions?

1. My boyfriend and I are planning to take our first vacation together this summer and I was wondering if there are any MUST GO to places that you guys know of. Somewhere in the US and isn't TOO expensive. :amuse: I was thinking somewhere in socal...but is there anywhere to go besides Disneyland and beaches?

2. There's some great B&B's in Orange on the beach, those are always fun!

3. Are all B&B's nice little cottage-type places?

4. If you go to so.cal you can also go explore Hollywood, Universal Studios, Disneyland (the 2 themeparks and then Downtown disney is sure to give you something to do for at least 2 day, I loved it there :biggrin: ), and spend a couple days shopping and relaxing on the beaches. A fun inexpensive vacation for you and your boyfriend! My boyfriend and I been to so.cal twice in the past year and I wouldn't mind going again.

5. Yes, but not always "cottages" so much.
    More like quaint family owned places w/ friendly breakfasts and stuff, usually pretty small as far as # of guests, but cute things in the room and better service.
    Maybe Portofino was where we stayed{?}

6. Or what about both sides of Tahoe - it's SOOOO beautiful there!
    Or visit Pebble Beach and drive the Big Sur?

7. I've been to socal many times but never really got to take it all, if you know what I mean.

What is there to do in Tahoe during the summer?
    Can you tell me more about Pebble Beach?

Thanks everyone! Keep the ideas coming! :biggrin:

8. How about nappa/sanoma? San Francisco is nearby.

9. bend oregon. google it and you'll see why. you have to like outdoor stuff though like kayaking, cycling, rock climbing,white water rafting and then hanging out at great restaurants.

10. If it's in your budget why not do a spa weekend with your BF. There must be some fabulous spas in Southern California.

11. I know this is not in So Cal but it's close by... how about VEGAS?

12. Oooh, I have a friend that has a vineyard in Napa! A weekend in Napa would be great! Most wineries are open for tours! {and tasting! ;)}

My friend is Madaiah Revana - we call him Revana.
    http://www.revanawine.com/index.html

14. san diego is nice ~like crazybaglady said~ :smile:
    i like monterey too

15. Vegas would be awesome...but I'm not 21 yet. And my parents are going there so I wouldn't want to run into them...that would be so weird, lol!

I think we're going to go to socal...there is this citypass I found (http://hotels.sandiego.org/246_attraction-tickets_a22.html). Does it look like a good deal?