Mini MAC vs. Regular MAC

Hi everyone!

I had a few questions that I hope someone can help with.

I am a huge fan of the MAC, but I find that it's a bit too big for me; thus, I am contemplating the purchase of a Mini MAC (in Teal or Navy). My question is...

1) Has anyone seen the Mini MAC in person? If so, how does it compare in size to the regular MAC?

2) I typically use the RM BF Crossbody...how does the size of the Mini MAC compare to this bag?

3) Does anyone have a comparison picture of the Mini MAC with the regular-sized MAC and/or the Mini MAC with the RM BF Crossbody?

4) Additionally, I know that denim transfer happens to bags; but has anyone ever experienced transfer from the bag's color to their clothes? I wear white a lot, and wouldn't want Teal or Navy transferring to my clothes.

Thank you so much for all of your help everyone! :smile:

xoxox,
Erika

Hi everyone!

I had a few questions that I hope someone can help with.

I am a huge fan of the MAC, but I find that it's a bit too big for me; thus, I am contemplating the purchase of a Mini MAC (in Teal or Navy). My question is...

1) Has anyone seen the Mini MAC in person? If so, how does it compare in size to the regular MAC?

2) I typically use the RM BF Crossbody...how does the size of the Mini MAC compare to this bag?

3) Does anyone have a comparison picture of the Mini MAC with the regular-sized MAC and/or the Mini MAC with the RM BF Crossbody?

4) Additionally, I know that denim transfer happens to bags; but has anyone ever experienced transfer from the bag's color to their clothes? I wear white a lot, and wouldn't want Teal or Navy transferring to my clothes.

Thank you so much for all of your help everyone! :smile:

xoxox,
Erika

1. It is significantly smaller than the regular MAC, kinda like if you stacked two Rockers on top of each other.

2. It's not as thick as the BF Clutch, so what you can fit may vary. Bulky items are probably not going to fit as comfortably in the Mini MAC as the BF Clutch.

3. The chain is shorter than the MAC, which is shorter than the BF Clutch, so if you are tall, you may have issues with wearing it crossbody.

4. Some people have had this happen. What might help is conditioning it a few times beforehand to take off some of the excess dye, and then spraying it with Apple Garde.

The Mini MAC measures 9" x 6" x 1.5" and the MAC measures 11" x 8" x 2". I think that even though the depth isn't much different, the overall size works better for smaller people. I know at 5"1" and 100 lbs, the MAC was a bit large for the style. I can carry large satchels and totes, but the Mini MAC works better for me than the MAC.

1. It is significantly smaller than the regular MAC, kinda like if you stacked two Rockers on top of each other.

2. It's not as thick as the BF Clutch, so what you can fit may vary. Bulky items are probably not going to fit as comfortably in the Mini MAC as the BF Clutch.

3. The chain is shorter than the MAC, which is shorter than the BF Clutch, so if you are tall, you may have issues with wearing it crossbody.

4. Some people have had this happen. What might help is conditioning it a few times beforehand to take off some of the excess dye, and then spraying it with Apple Garde.

Thank you so much for all of the information; I really appreciate it! :smile:

The Mini MAC measures 9" x 6" x 1.5" and the MAC measures 11" x 8" x 2". I think that even though the depth isn't much different, the overall size works better for smaller people. I know at 5"1" and 100 lbs, the MAC was a bit large for the style. I can carry large satchels and totes, but the Mini MAC works better for me than the MAC.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I'm 5'1 and 96 pounds, and just didn't like the way the MAC looked on me. I'm glad to hear that the Mini MAC is a better fit for smaller girls. Now I just have to decide on a color! :smile:

some pics of gray mini compared to fuchsia MAC and black rocker:

P6170032.jpg

P6170006.jpg

P6170008.jpg

P6170011.jpg

P6170012.jpg

what fits in a mini MAC:

P6170015.jpg

P6170016.jpg

P6170019.jpg

mini MAC and different wallets:

P6170022.jpg

benji's fits inside but you kind of have to stuff it in there since the top of mini MAC is so small

MJ wallet also fits but you really have to work it in:

P6170024.jpg

and then a mod shot of mini MAC, i'm 5'4 for reference:

P6170028.jpg

HTH anyone looking at the mini MAC!