Mini HL - would you buy for your child??

i would. as a matter of fact i was gonna get her one last month but the LV at the fashion show mall didnt have one. i dont want to order through elux because i want her to be there when we buy it. the mini hl wont actually be her first LV. her first one was a mini noe to go with my regular noe. and everytime i use my pap, she carries the "mini" pap too. she actually likes to dress like me and i have bought us a couple of matching outfits and shoes. its kind of like our "bonding" thing. :back2topic: so yeah, i would buy her one. im just waiting for the boutique to have it in stock.

This is a question that I have been debating with my DH. There are many cute little LV bags/accessories that I would love to purchase for my daughters, but I just don't think they are ready yet. (They are ages 9 and 7 now.) They don't really take good care of their purses/bags now. As soon as I see that they know to treasure their bags and take good care of them, I will sure get them Mini HL, Mini Pochette, Pochette Accessories, and maybe Azur Speedy 25.

Why does the child have to own the bag? Can it not belong to Mommy and be a special treat for Daughter? Especially if it is Mommy who loves seeing Daughter with the LV!

This thread' topic is a bit like the pet the children are supposed to be responsible for. Too much commitment and then heartbreak if something bad happens. Easier all around if it is Mom's pet and everybody in the family helps.

Might help with the comments all the non LV loving friends and family will make as well. You aren't spoiling the children with expensive things, you are sharing your overpriced indulgences with your beloved children.

I wouldn't. I wouldn't buy something like that for a kid. To a kid, a bag is a bag, and giving her something like a LV would make me feel it was more for *me showing myself and others what I can give her* than what she would like for herself.

Nope, totally wrong. I would buy this for me really, it would go on her shelf in her room, though. My husband has already bought my 16 yeard old 3 LV's, one being the Houston. We don't buy them for status symbols, we buy them for the history and quality.

Nope, totally wrong. I would buy this for me really, it would go on her shelf in her room, though. My husband has already bought my 16 yeard old 3 LV's, one being the Houston. We don't buy them for status symbols, we buy them for the history and quality.

I totally agree with this!!! If you are going to buy the bags for status symbols then IMO you aren't really buying the bag for the love of the brand

I personally think it is too young. I would wait until she is atleast 12, when she wants to start carrying a purse. My daughter just turned 12, and I'm thinking of getting her one. I dont think they can really take care of something that expensive until around age 12 or so.

Just last week i went to my local lv store to try on the soufflot ivory, my 7 yr old daughter usually helps me pick out my bag if i cant decide, but she was such an enabler on this one bec she wants the " free small bag" inside. lol! Anyway, to answer your question; maybe not yet. i remember telling myself when she was 4 that id get her first lv when she turns 7 but i got her a tokidoki bag instead, she liked it bec of the qee? she knew it was the most expensive bag ive gotten her so far so she was so careful with it. unfortunately, she asked her nanny to hold on to it one night we were out and the nanny lost her precious bag :sad:

i am torn on this one, as a mom to a 4 1/2 year old girl...i have seen her carry my LV's and smiled. but, i don't really want her to have an awareness of luxury brands yet. i think she is just as happy with her Hello Kitty purse, as with my LV.

i just fear what will happen in the future, if I start her on LV already. I grew up lusting after my Grandmother's LV, but never was able to have anything until I saved for it...finally at 25, I walked into Neiman Marcus and bought my Noe..with my first "real" paycheck. (not a tipped employee anymore!)

I worked menial jobs in college, so I greatly appreciate that $1000 is a tremendous amount. I don't want my daughter to skip that experience, and feel that life will always give her Luxury.

Sorry, just my opinion. But I see the photos of the kids with the HL's....and I do think they are soo cute.

Whichever is right for you, she will love you the same!

I think I will soon buy the mc mini hl for my daughter, she will turn 2 this May, coz she always love the carry my LV bag. I think the daughter always want to wear like mum wear, they look up at us!!!
It's so cute and fun to see she wearing her bag and act like the grow up!!!!

I really want to buy a Mini HL for my 4 year old daughter, is this insane? It would never leave the house!

p10382911_ph_thumb.jpg

No, it is not insane, but no, I would not buy one for my child

Yes, dd has had one since 4 or 5, can't remember, and now granddaughter got one at 5...they are for life.:yes: :heart: They are put up in their dustbags and only come out once a year or so...

FYI...DD is 10 and GD is almost 6....