mineral concealer?

1. Does anyone have any experience with using a mineral concealer to cover undereye circles? I have dark circles and no matter what cream concealer I use it always cakes and looks bad.

2. I use Physicians Formula mineral concealer and I really like it. It brightens and doesn't cake.

3. I've tried using Bare Escentuals as a concealer at Sephora and didn't have any luck with it. The coverage seemed a little too sheer compared to the cream based ones. Have you tried putting primer around your eye area and then dusting translucent powder over your face? Sometimes that really helps get rid of any caking.

4. I used the mineral concealer by Bare Escentuals for a while - it was ok, but I found I liked my cream concealer better. Sparkeles48 makes a good suggestion - try using a primer first - it works wonders. My HG concealer is Chantecaille's Total Concealer - it works wonders:smile:

5. My under eye concealer always caked too!!!The lady at the YSL counter told me that the main reason why concealer cakes is most likely because of the moisturizer you're using and not the concealer itself. So try investing in some really moisturizing eye cream and that should help!

6. I've had great results with Bobbi Brown products.

First I use a colour corrector under the eye on any dark circles/shadow (I'm light colouring so use light bisque).

Then I follow that using the concealer kit (cream concealer and setting powder) in ivory. Just dabbing the concealer around the eye area using the warmth of your finger to melt the product into the skin. Then the setting powder is the key here, just dust over the concealer lightly - too much and it will look cakey. I use a medium laydown brush. If you don't use the powder then I find the concealer can separate into any fine lines.

This is my everyday concealer regime now!

HTH

lady penelope

7. I've found that if I moisten my concealer brush slightly, I can make my Bare Minerals Bisque cover much better! Then if I do a press and roll on the brush I get much better coverage. Also, with BE, I use the well rested in the darkest part of my circle and on my eyelid. Good Luck!

Amy

8. My favorite concealer is the Cle de Peau. I use that to cover blemishes but for undereye i use YSL's touche eclat and it works wonders. It is creamy but doesn't cake (neither does cle de peau).

9. I'm also loving cle de peu concealer, seems to hide my dark undereyes best!

I have BE concealer and it hasn't worked on me because it's too transparent (aswell as ysl touche eclat - my undereyes are just super dark) but I'm definitely going to try mazuhas tip and moisten the brush and see if it works then:tup: