Mimmy's Stylebook Closet

Almost Didn't Post This Outfit.

Yesterday I dressed for comfort. I felt a little sluggish [emoji222]. It was a happy surprise to get several compliments on this outfit!
IMG_1476877641.497267.jpg
At the end of an exhausting, but good day, my friend's daughter said "you look like you stepped out of a magazine". [emoji2]

My first time wearing the Chloé sunnies deserve a mention. They were $17! So even though sunglasses are on my do not buy list, I bought them anyway! [emoji6]

Stripe Love. [emoji172]

The capsule wardrobe still eludes me, as I have recently made several new purchases. I have at least followed the "one in one out rule" though.
IMG_1476955327.119391.jpg
The J. Crew top is new. I am wearing my Prada sandals for the first time today. I am taking a pair of flats to work today too; just in case they end up not being "all day comfy".

Reactions: eggtartapproved
Casual Stripe Day.

It's fairly apparent that I am into striped tops and tees lately, so here is another one, from J. Crew. [emoji172]

I also managed to find some Hudson, cropped flares that fit well. Not black, but blue.
IMG_1477077061.944526.jpg
I think that these will add some nice variety to my jeans lineup! [emoji170]

Last edited:
Reactions: eggtartapproved
The One That Almost Got Away!

I had this CH wristlet ready for sale. I still had the original packing and tags. I have been busy the last couple of weekends, and had not yet had a chance to take photos.

Last night I went to a very casual party at our neighbor's home. I knew that it might involve balancing a plate of food; it did. [emoji51]
IMG_1477230616.432990.jpg
This fit my iPhone, keys and essentials perfectly! So happy that I didn't sell it!

The Devil is in the Details. [emoji48]

I forgot to add the earrings I wore last night to my outfit. My go to earrings are a pair of simple diamond studs, but I am trying to wear my other jewelry also.
IMG_1477246310.423025.jpg
The stones in these earrings are emeralds, with 14K wires. They are rough cut and not perfect, giving a very organic feel; perfect for a casual look imo.

They are designed by Melissa Joy Manning. Her jewelry is hand made. The metals are often recycled. The stones are ethically sourced.

I am trying to be a more conscientious consumer, with varying degrees of success.