Mikhail Gorbachev stars in LV campaign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    "MIKHAIL GORBACHEV WILL be splashed across this autumn's fashion magazines, as one of the new faces for Louis Vuitton.

The former leader of the Soviet Union may seem an unlikely candidate for the role, particularly as former Vuitton faces have included Scarlett Johansson, Uma Thurman and Jennifer Lopez, but Mr Gorbachev will feature in the Autumn/Winter campaign for the luxury brand.

Shot by Annie Leibovitz, Mr Gorbachev does not look particularly comfortable in his new role as fashion model. The campaign image shows him sat in a limo staring out at the Berlin Wall, with his Vuitton bag at his side. The contemplative image is a far cry from the shots of a lingerie-clad Johansson, who featured in the brand's summer campaign.

Pietro Beccari, Vuitton's director of marketing, explained that Mr Gorbachev was included in the campaign because it was time for a 're-balance', and to show 'another side of the brand that is important to us'. The campaign, entitled The Art of Travel, will also feature Catherine Deneuve, Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf.

Speaking to The Times, Ms Deneuve, who turns 64 this October, credited her inclusion in the campaign as the work of Vuitton designer Marc Jacobs, commenting: 'I don't think Vuitton would have chosen me to star in their fashion campaign - this one is slightly different.'

The advertisements will appear in print from September, and also through a series of short films, including one featuring original supermodel Twiggy."

2. Wow, that is pretty neat! I guess Louis Vuitton is trying to attract the mature and successful male market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.