MicroDermAbrasion for acne scars - drugstore products, professional, results?

1. To get rid of dark acne spots and scars on my cheeks (not many, but still!) :crybaby:I want to try microdermabrasion, because some members have given rave reviews of it for getting rid of acne scars.

Do any of you have experience with microdermabrasion? I got the l'Oreal Refinish Kit and used it for the first time... don't know if it will work yet.

TIA! :sweatdrop:
  2. Microdermabrasion works wonders for acne scarring! I personally use the Derma New system. It is a professional system made to be used at home.
    Keep in mind, if you're using an at home treatment it will take approx 5 treatments to equal one professional microderm treatment.
  3. I used the Neutrogena one and it worked after a couple weeks :biggrin:
  4. Microdermabrasion for acne scars are said to be effective in most cases. However, whether or not it is safe is another matter. Understand that when you are likely to have any significant process performed in your skin, you are putting your self in danger of several negative effects that can in fact cause more problems
  5. Have you tried AHA products? Paula Choice and Neostrata comes to mind. Its much safer in my opnion.