Michelle Obama's Pearls

1. At the beginning of the year I attended an Obama rally and had the chance to get a picture with his wife, Michelle. The first thing I noticed when I met her were her beautiful pearls. I've been obsessed with finding more information on them ever since and it just hit me that maybe one of you would be able to give me some direction. Here are a couple of pictures. From what I remember there were little Swarovski-like crystals in between each pearl. After doing a little searching on the internet, I found a similar necklace at http://www.americanbridal.com/christina-necklace.html but it looks like she has a long, maybe 60 inch strand that she wears different ways. If anyone has any information on where I could find something like what she has I would be so grateful. Thanks.
    1.JPG 2.jpg 7.jpg 10.jpg
  2. I just sent you a PM. It would be an easy piece for me to create. :smile:
  3. I've noticed Michelle Obama's pearls too!

Isn't it interesting how political women often become associated with their pearls? Here in Washington, they sometimes are referred to as "POWER PEARLS." :rolleyes:

There was Jackie O, of course. And who can miss House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's HUGE and REAL South Seas and Tahitian pearls??? Fab!

4. I wouldn't have the time to make them for you with the baby due any day but Casto (^^above) could do an excellent job.

IMHO, there are three strands with 16" 18" 20" lengths. Pearls are about 8-10mm each. The ones in her ears are 9-10mm
  5. Wow..gorgeous! I'm always afraid to wear pearls because I think I'll scratch them up
  6. Wow..gorgeous! I'm always afraid to wear pearls because I think I'll scratch them up
  7. I love pearls, too!!! they're so classic!
  8. I agree with ladystara. Pearls are so gorgeous, but I'm afraid of messing them up. I wear my pearl stud earrings sometimes, but I am so conscious of getting hairspray or perfume on them.

The ones Michelle Obama is wearing are incredibly gorgeous. I can see why you want some just like them!
  9. Ahhh...thanks, Japster!

I am so excited for you. I just today noticed your ticker in the sig. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yahoo:
  10. Congratulations! That's so exciting!

11. They really are gorgeous. The pictures I posted don't do them justice. I'm not even a pearl girl, but when I saw them up close I was in shock and couldn't stop staring.
  12. I love pearls!
  13. I love love love pearls! I got the Australian South Sea 16mm stud earrings! And its not hard to maintain at all. I just make sure I put them on after I spray anything on me and Im good to go. I wish to own a pearl necklace in the future :yahoo:

14. I can give you a personal recommendation to use Casto Creations/Megan to make that strand for you. She made the most INCREDIBLE necklace and earrings for me. I drove her insane trying to find the perfect pearls, so it took a bit of time, but it was sooooo worth it. I'll see if I can scare up the pic I posted of them. ;)
  15. I look HIDEOUS in this pic (just had back surgery when the pic was taken), but the pearls ROCK!