Michele Watches

Fossil makes Michele, you know. Plus Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Burberry, Emporio Armani, Diesel, and whatever else Watch Station sells.

Nobody really needs a new watch when they have one that runs. It's a thing, right? For a man, it's the one piece of jewelry he wears besides his wedding. I think Micheles are terribly overpriced for what they are. A Swiss movement in a watch made in Hong Kong with not such great diamonds diamonds. But they are very pretty and addictive.

I might just get a red watch. I think they are beautiful and diamond-less!! I go where I know I can get a decent discount and know I can have it looked after if something goes wrong.

beeble.
So true to all you said. When I was at Movado the lady said the same about Michele, but they have great customer service, quality build and they are really beautiful.

Selling is what is great about the Micheles. Keep them in good shape and easy to flip when done. I sold my signature MOP diamond Deco when I purchased the MOP mosaic diamond Deco since both had a white face. Nice to get a chunk of $ towards the next watch, that's for sure!
So let's say I have 4k in Michele watches between all 3 them. Wild guess. Plus a Tag. I have thought that I could have one nice Rolex. But, I love to change things up after a while. Could I buy a preowned Rolex, wear it for two years, and sell it when I am "done" and put the $ toward another Rolex. Yes. I sometimes think this is the way to go BUT so much easier with Micheles. I feel I can have several watchea, flip for a reasonable return, have fun w bands and less chance of a fake if I buy on Ebay preowned. Just my two cents.....who knows! Guess it depends how deep someones pockets are
I do love that pink.MOP Rolex Datejust

Last edited:
Selling is what is great about the Micheles. Keep them in good shape and easy to flip when done. I sold my signature MOP diamond Deco when I purchased the MOP mosaic diamond Deco since both had a white face. Nice to get a chunk of $ towards the next watch, that's for sure!
So let's say I have 4k in Michele watches between all 3 them. Wild guess. Plus a Tag. I have thought that I could have one nice Rolex. But, I love to change things up after a while. Could I buy a preowned Rolex, wear it for two years, and sell it when I am "done" and put the $ toward another Rolex. Yes. I sometimes think this is the way to go BUT so much easier with Micheles. I feel I can have several watchea, flip for a reasonable return, have fun w bands and less chance of a fake if I buy on Ebay preowned. Just my two cents.....who knows! Guess it depends how deep someones pockets are
I do love that pink.MOP Rolex Datejust
I have thought the same but more with Cartier tank, I even thought about the tank solo new since it's less expensive but I love the anglaise two tone with diamond dial. I would like to get that for myself for a milestone however. Anyway yes the Michele sells good but I have never sold a preowned, only the ones I purchased and never wore and just marveled at lol. As Balto said Michele is overpriced especially since it's only Swiss movement and the diamonds are diamond chips outside of the glamour, but again I love Michele but I do want a luxury piece just not Rolex or Cartier at this point in my life.

I have thought the same but more with Cartier tank, I even thought about the tank solo new since it's less expensive but I love the anglaise two tone with diamond dial. I would like to get that for myself for a milestone however. Anyway yes the Michele sells good but I have never sold a preowned, only the ones I purchased and never wore and just marveled at lol. As Balto said Michele is overpriced especially since it's only Swiss movement and the diamonds are diamond chips outside of the glamour, but again I love Michele but I do want a luxury piece just not Rolex or Cartier at this point in my life.

Sure Michele is overpriced but aren't virtually all luxury items overpriced? It is all about inventory control and supply/demand with virtually every luxury item. Michele does a pretty good job with inventory control which is why they are such easy sales on ebay.
I see new with tags Michele watches selling on ebay for more than Watchstation sells them for in one of their blowout sales. That is one reason why I feel so comfortable buying multiple Michele's at Watchstation (or Nordstrom rack). I saw a non-diamond, older, used Urban bidding on the goodwill website for $100+, and last year I bought a new non-diamond Deco XL at Nordstrom Rack for $234. I wonder if I could sell that watch for more than I paid for it right now.

Reactions: cinnamonstick
Sure Michele is overpriced but aren't virtually all luxury items overpriced? It is all about inventory control and supply/demand with virtually every luxury item. Michele does a pretty good job with inventory control which is why they are such easy sales on ebay.
I see new with tags Michele watches selling on ebay for more than Watchstation sells them for in one of their blowout sales. That is one reason why I feel so comfortable buying multiple Michele's at Watchstation (or Nordstrom rack). I saw a non-diamond, older, used Urban bidding on the goodwill website for $100+, and last year I bought a new non-diamond Deco XL at Nordstrom Rack for $234. I wonder if I could sell that watch for more than I paid for it right now.
Yes most luxury items are overpriced, but I want to find a watchmaker
true but comparing them to movado or Burberry (discontinued) the diamond quality is less, both the others are Swiss made. When looking at the movado series 800 the diamonds are a good size .60 not chips that equate to .60, however, Michele's designs are much better imo. I think as you said inventory control plays a huge factor and Michele is a leader in that area

Yes most luxury items are overpriced, but I want to find a watchmaker

true but comparing them to movado or Burberry (discontinued) the diamond quality is less, both the others are Swiss made. When looking at the movado series 800 the diamonds are a good size .60 not chips that equate to .60, however, Michele's designs are much better imo. I think as you said inventory control plays a huge factor and Michele is a leader in that area

Burberry was discontinued? I always see people looking at those at Watchstation. When did that happen?
I don't really follow Burberry.

Burberry was discontinued? I always see people looking at those at Watchstation. When did that happen?
I don't really follow Burberry.
Yeah just recently, they are trying to get rid of all their stock. The young lady at the watch station told me then I called Burberry bc my sister loves their watches. They told me they were not making enough profit off of the watches, Burberry seems to be very well made, but little marketing for their watches, and the only one that is very eye catching to me is the Britain. Do you own any other watches outside of Michele?

Reactions: uhpharm01
I just don't understand why Burberry wasn't advertise their watches. I think that their watches were Swiss made, too. But Nordstroms, still has a lot of Burberry watches left and the SA that I spoke to today didn't even know that they were no longer making watches.

I just don't understand why Burberry wasn't advertise their watches. I think that their watches were Swiss made, too. But Nordstroms, still has a lot of Burberry watches left and the SA that I spoke to today didn't even know that they were no longer making watches.
Yeah maybe they didn't think they needed to bc they are Burberry and watches are not their money maker anyway, I think selling to fossil didn't help credibility honestly

Yeah just recently, they are trying to get rid of all their stock. The young lady at the watch station told me then I called Burberry bc my sister loves their watches. They told me they were not making enough profit off of the watches, Burberry seems to be very well made, but little marketing for their watches, and the only one that is very eye catching to me is the Britain. Do you own any other watches outside of Michele?

I have an older Baume and Mercier Hampton, but I was introduced to Michele at a Nordstrom Anniversary sale a few years ago and was hooked on Michele ever since. I toyed with buying a used Chanel ceramic watch - but I decided the Michele's were a more stylish *watch* brand - I didn't want to buy a watch just because it said Chanel.
I totally get that Michele isn't Rolex or Cartier though. I like the feminine designs of Michele and the way they combine chronograph/technical watch design with the diamonds- I think Michele is best at that.

So whats going to happen to the Burberry's at Watchstation then? If they totally mark them down, I'm in! I agree most people who want to buy Burberry watches aren't going to want to go to a Fossil store.