Michael Richards

1. TV NEWS [​IMG]© Jean-Paul Aussenard/WireImage.comMichael Richards
    Richards Has Angry Outburst at Club
    Nov 20, 11:11 AM EST
    The Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES -- Michael Richards stunned a comedy club audience, shouting racial epithets at people who heckled him during a stand-up routine.
    The 57-year-old actor-comedian, best known for playing Jerry Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," was performing at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood Friday night when he launched into the verbal rampage, according to video posted on TMZ.com.
    The tirade apparently began after two black audience members started shouting at him that he wasn't funny.
    Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--."
    He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.
    "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.
    While there is some audible chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and various people "0oh" after Richard uses the n-word.
    Richards performed the next night at the Laugh Factory without incident.
    Calls to Richards' representatives were not immediately returned early Monday.
    He refused to comment on-camera when reached by CNN, but the network reported that he said off-camera he felt sorry for what had happened and had made amends.

2. I heard about this on a Los Angeles radio show this AM (Mark and Brian). People who have worked with this guy were calling and saying that he was a loose cannon and horrible to work with.

3. ^Interesting. I've yet to watch the video, but reading it, it is not funny at all, it's horrible.

4. Yikes. Mel, Richard, who's next?

5. I was never a fan. I always thought his character was an idiot; now I can see the role must have come very easily to him. What a loser.

6. I read this story today--what an ugly scene that must have been. There is no way to explain away the disgusting things he said.:throwup:

7. I saw the cell phone footage on CNN Headline News. What he said was absolutely unacceptable. The comment about the hanging was especially hurtful. Even if people gave him a hard time about his performance, he didn't have to use racial slurs, learn from Barbara S!

8. Tooo bad he has to have this incident on his record

9. I disagree - I think just like Mel he knew exactly what he was saying and thought he would have people to go along. And if you listen to it - he did from a few patrons. I am always grateful as an African-American when people show you who they really are. I tell my children that yes the KKK exists but there are plenty of racists who don't wear the sheet. Those are the more dangerous ones.

10. This was absolutely appalling. He should be completely and utterly ashamed of himself. I don't know that there is anything he can do to apologize for this -- what's he going to say? I was drunk/stoned and didn't know what I was saying? HA! After viewing the tape, there's no way I would believe that.

It is so sad to realize there are still human beings on this Earth that feel that way toward other human beings. So very sad. I know celebrities are no better than the rest of us, but it would be reasonable to think that the lives they lead -- being exposed to so many different people, having the opportunity to travel and visit other places and other cultures -- would mean there is a good chance that they are more understanding, more well-rounded, and more tolerant. You would think they would be more likely to comprehend the insignificance that any one of us holds in the vast universe, and would recognize and celebrate the dignity of each of our fellow human beings.

It is just so sad and shocking. I have absolutely no respect for him anymore. Seinfeld is one of my all-time favorite shows, and I loved the "Kramer" character, but I will never be able to watch an episode now without thinking of this filth.

I feel so sorry not only for my friends of color, but for all of us, that this is part of the world we live in.

11. i suppose??? it was bad, but i still :heart: his character on seinfeld. season 7 on dvd tomorrow!!!!!!

12. LOL I'm with shoegal, much better for people to be candid about their beliefs than to smile in your face and stab you in the back!

13. idk, its really sad but im so used to stupid racists comments and behavior that nothing comes as a shock anymore. I LOVE Seinfeld (my dad and I watch it every night as a before bedtime kind of thing..) but Kramer wasnt really my fav character anyway, it's George...hahahaha!!

As a hispanic person its really sad to watch this but I wish that ALL people of all races would learn to be more respectful towards each other. This wouldnt have happened if maybe those men would have just kept quiet during the show. I mean, you treat others the way you want to be treated. Now I am in NO way sideing with Richards though..

14. Jerry Seinfeld is going to be on Letterman tonight to discuss it.

15. My first question was going to be how much he had to drink that night. After the Mel Gibson unpleasantness, it doesn't matter.

He shouldn't have said those things, period.