Michael Kors damage *pics*

1. Here are pics of my MK bag purchased in Jan 2007. I used it for about 4 months. I am not happy at all with how easily it scratched and how the zipper pull came apart. I used a leather cleaner on it once. It still didn't help scratches.

I just love the look of these bags. His new Astor bags look softer to me but they were sold out at Macys.
    (here is link to one I like: http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Michael-Kors-Astor-Pouchette-BLACK-Leather-138_W0QQitemZ160200603566QQihZ006QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

My question is: Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else had a chance to compare the newer bags with the older? Do I chance another MK bag?

PS There is a kitty in the first pic .... she was all interested in getting her picture taken. However the scratches are diff not from kitties. ;)
  2. awww i'm sorry to hear about that broken MK bag...
    i have no experience having the bags from MK but the leather on this bag on eBay looks good to me, although i think it's pretty small huh?
  3. The leather looks softer, but what I think I'm seeing is as the bag gets larger and a bit more structured the leather gets harder to support the structure. That one is super tiny. I do need a medium. I just love those rivets. But, I can't stand scratches. And I would try to fix the bag I already have but when I zip it shut, it leaves about a 1 inch gap and I lost my Dior Addict lipgloss along with other items. :crybaby:
  4. Hm, I didn't have this problem. I had the MK Shopper, which is a much larger bag. When I sold it last year, I'd had it for around 2 years and it only had 1 scratch on it (from when my friend accidentally scratched it with the hook of her wire hanger...ugh!). I used it pretty regularly and I found the leather to be really durable.
  5. I have the small astor in chocolate and it gets scratched so easily
  6. I didn't have a problem with the leather on my MK Pebbled leather satchel but the hardware quality is horrible. Mine hade a chain and a " padlock" in the front which quickly scratched, tarnished and turned a weird copper color (it was silver).
  7. I had a MK bag and the leather strap had ripped around the ring. I had only used the bag a few times, quite disappointing.
  8. sounds like the quality really varies on these bags. :confused1: Regretfully I am going to have to pass on getting another one. I just can't chance getting another easily scratched unraveling zipper pull bag.
  9. I have over 5 MK bags, all of the Macy's type variety, and use them quite frequently. I've never had any problems with them at all.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with yours. :sad: