Micellar water

I got two itty bitty sample bottles of the la mer micellar water, I really like it.. but $90 for a 6.7oz... no thanks! I'm content with the Garnier version, although it does nothing for my wp mascara.

I got two itty bitty sample bottles of the la mer micellar water, I really like it.. but $90 for a 6.7oz... no thanks! I'm content with the Garnier version, although it does nothing for my wp mascara.
Yeah, I'm not going to spend that much! Did you try the Garnier version for waterproof makeup? I have the regular version and it's just ok, I'm not crazy about the smell even though it doesn't even have any added fragrance.
I've also tried Le Couvent des Minimes and I like it better. I like the subtle fragrance, it leaves my skin soft, and doesn't irritate my eyes.

Reactions: Arlene619
Yeah, I'm not going to spend that much! Did you try the Garnier version for waterproof makeup? I have the regular version and it's just ok, I'm not crazy about the smell even though it doesn't even have any added fragrance.
I've also tried Le Couvent des Minimes and I like it better. I like the subtle fragrance, it leaves my skin soft, and doesn't irritate my eyes.

Yes, I forgot to mention I purchased the wp version of the Garnier micellar, it helped removed most of my mascara. I'll try the Le Couvent! I'm always willing to try new products, as long as they are within my budget lol. [emoji4]

I have been using the Garnier one. It's my first experience with Miceller water and I didn't want to spend a lot of it was something that I don't like. So far I'm loving it! I use it after cleansing at night to remove what's left and it leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. I also use it in the morning before I put on makeup to get rid of any dirt/oil/makeup that made it onto my face during the night or didn't totally come off the night before, it's amazing for waterproof mascara. I have pretty sensitive skin and have had no breakout issues at all.

If you are still looking to buy Bioderma in the US at a reasonable price...I believe I ordered mine off of beautylish.com. The price was a lot more reasonable then the $155 on amazon. I have also tried the Gariner. It's not bad at all. Nice to be able to buy it in a regular store. Still prefer Bioderma though.

Bioderma all the way :smile: they sometimes make offers in our pharmacies by selling two medium ones with the travel one. I always pick that offer up. One time i tried the large one and was impressed with its dispencer :flowers:
I tried the bioderma wipes (out of curiosity).. Not impressed at all! Even my old johnsons wipes worked way better.

But i use bioderma water while at home\travelling. Cant live without it.

I've tried a few - from Nuxe, La Roche-Posay, Garancia and some other brands. Mainly when getting GWP, samples and micellar waters as part of a travel set.

I'm not a fan. The Nuxe one was quite strongly scented and irritated my skin. LRP smelled absolutely horrible and left an oily residue.

Generally, they don't seem to remove makeup as well as I was hoping for, so I wouldn't use them to remove makeup, unless I was going to use another cleanser after. And frankly, I'm too lazy for that when I know there are products that will remove makeup and clean my skin properly in one go.

Micellar water would be great for correcting mistakes when applying makeup - lipstick smears or uneven eyeliner and so on. But that doesn't work if it leaves a residue on the skin as that'll cause an issue when trying to apply makeup on top. And as they aren't as effective as I was hoping, it ends up looking worse because it just smears more and leaves the residue.

Bioderma is supposed to be good though. I haven't tried it, but I would try that if I wanted a micellar water.